What Colour is Your Olive Green Jacket? Heads Up Re Blog

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

I think that this 'heads up' is in the right place as it refers to a DIY colour ref system that I have posted as a blog on the site.

The item is as complete as I think that I can take it but there maybe some in the community who can improve upon it.

It has been a logistics, technical and perception challenge and hopefully worth it in the end

I hope that it proves to be practically useful as well as generating some discussion. :)

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Aye up ! How do you get to the blog mate?
Blog within the forum? I'm intrigued... and confused all in one...

Kitharode

Forager
May 16, 2016
Todmorden
Wow. That's a really good piece of work. It's a great idea and deserves a look-see. I could see me making use of the charts if they were easily accessible and in general use on the site. Nice one Jaeger. :cool:

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Very interesting!
I'm surprised nobody has done this before actually (on here) , it's a great resource and most definitely useful.
The RAL is the standard in the building trade to match existing paints, only good if you got the code though... otherwise it's the "magic eye " job...But I digress .

Thanks for putting that together!👍👍
Also like the ideas on cam colour as well as the stove / boil times chart .

It's a great idea , as for more suggestions , maybe a sleep system chart with (real vs. stated) temperature ratings ( and price vs weight etc ) would help lots of people make a better choice.

I know with sleeping is slightly more subjective as everyone sleeps different , some need more others less insulation...
Some sleep hot others cold, but maybe just a compilation of the most popular systems available with price vs weight vs confort temps ratings would suffice.

Good job!👍👍

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

Thanks for the positive comments people, I hope that it gets enough to warrant serious consideration from the site organisers. :)

Leshy - I thought that blogs were easily accessible via the 'blogs' button on the top tool bar - it works for me, can you see this or perhaps is your toolbar deselected somehow?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE