what car you driving?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
QUOTE=Bigrich;1079248]Land Rover 110 station wagon G4 event vehicle when with the family and Land Rover 90 when by myself or with just one of the kids : )

Green Oval's all the way : )

Rich[/QUOTE]

Cant beat them.......better then any Rice Burner....:lurk:[

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
Toyota Hilux Surf 3ltr TD. Beast of a thing, great off-road/on-road. AND it's more reliable than a landy :)

I do miss my 90 though. The 90 was lifted by 4 or 6 inches (stood 7'2"), great articulation and awesome off-road. Unfortunately it had no brakes as such, a huge turning circle, terrible visibility, and the windscreen didn't fit correctly (until I attacked it with the mastick)

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
Toyota Hilux Surf 3ltr TD. Beast of a thing, great off-road/on-road. AND it's more reliable than a landy :)

I do miss my 90 though. The 90 was lifted by 4 or 6 inches (stood 7'2"), great articulation and awesome off-road. Unfortunately it had no brakes as such, a huge turning circle, terrible visibility, and the windscreen didn't fit correctly (until I attacked it with the mastick)

Ah yes but you miss your 90, this is the thing, you don't buy a landy for to enjoy getting to your destination without an issue, you get a landy to enjoy the journey! :) well thats my excuse anyway : )

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

Mine has never been unreliable....... any more then a 2" lift and your asking for more problems, add big wheels, ect ect, it all adds strain, on components

Last edited:

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
Mine has never been unreliable....... any more then a 2" lift and your asking for more problems, add big wheels, ect ect, it all adds strain, on components

Yeah, this had 35's on it, dislocation cones etc. Looked great, and I could park it anywhere - they couldn't get a clamp on the wheels! I don't miss it raining inside when it was raining outside though. Being able to open and start it with a one pence piece did come in handy when I lost the keys ;)

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
P1010346.jpg

P1010380.jpg

Few pics of my old rover in its natural environment.
Please note proper black badge on this one, none of that green oval nonsense ;)

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
These are the cars i have at the moment:
1) Land Rover Freelander 1 - chopped lots of bits off underneath to make it 2wd and bypass the rear diff (big hole in it!)
2)Land rover Discovery 1 300tdi - Rusty, Muddy, Rattly and Oily, currently on 200K miles, still drives lovely and only looses half a litre of engine oil every 100 miles!
3)Land rover Discovery 1 300tdi - being chopped up at the moment to make a NCF Sahara. Lots of new bits and shiny bits! :D

#2 at Sailsbury Plain:

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Todays drive is a freelander I'm roadtesting ready for sale....
303345_378921782159461_154603677924607_1077833_58369292_n.jpg

But the usual is a disco 2 atm. LOVE dealing 4x4s, the best perk of the job is I never know what I'm gonna be driving next and if the older landies are actually gonna get me where I'm aiming to go without anointing ma head with oil/ getting rained on via the interior etc etc ;)

ps Gareth is that a Rav?

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
They're the only thing connecting your car to the road and probably the single most overlooked performance modification you can make to your car as it affects acceleration, cornering and braking all at once.

Precisely what do you have against my 'nankang ditchfinders'?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I've got a 6 yr old Skoda fabia vrs, the Mrs has a vw touran, and there's a defender 90 which sounds like a skeleton having a moment of personal relaxation in a filing cabinet, for those moments when I want to be a bit ruffty tuffty.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Currently driving a 2010 VW Scirocco 2.0T petrol 210bhp, goes like poop off a stick but drinks like like it's on a Marathon des Sables

DSC01790.jpg

Previous to that it was a mkV VW Golf Gti 2.0T petrol, quick and thirsty

DSC00950.jpg

The Scirocco is due to go back in January so not sure what to get next, I'm thinking 320d ED to give the wallet a rest but I'm sick of buying new roof bars every couple of years. Maybe the diesel Roc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE