What can i do - without getting told off?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
ChrisKavanaugh said:
Spring is here. Do you have any seeds of a favourite tree or shrub? Put together a small sprouting kit and take it to hospital.Being responsible for a living thing while your under the care of others is spiritually empowering. Get a topo of a favourite place or unknown one and visualise every twist and turn. When you get out and about take your young charge to the area. You will know the right place when you see it. Now you are both truly home again.

Nice idea Chris. I may give that one a go myself. :D

jamesraykenney

Forager
Aug 16, 2004
Beaumont, TX
Rob said:
I am off for a new hip in a couple of weeks and am looking for something to keep myself occupied/sane during the week or so that I will be inside.

Any good ideas on projects i can attempt without the hospital staff freaking out?

I have plenty of reading material sorted out, but I just can't seem to pass up on the opportunity to fiddle with something during all the free time.

And here I thought I spent a lot on my KIT.... I never even THOUGHT about body part replacement to help my bushcrafting!...Lets see...
2 Knees
1 Lower spinal colum
1 Ankle
1 sholder(optional)
2 new eyes
Musell replacement all around.
That should do it....
Lets see....
Cost > bank account... ARGHHHHH!!!!

Seriously....
Good luck with the surgery!

And, I second the suggestion of tying knots...I do not think they would let you take a set of billhooks in with you, so that you could practice making hurdles

!:D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Make some fishing hooks and stuff, carve a whistle, fletch a load of arrows! Make some presents for people, spoons and the like, make some cordage, make a stack of tinder (cotton wool and Vaseline!) Write a journal..... :D

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
I once seen someone practice fire eating when in hospital, but then I was a psychiatric nurse at the time.......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE