What are you reading?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
I've started using the iPad as an e reader and I'm currently reading Ray Mears new book, My Outdoor Life, great read,

I prefer proper books but have run out of space to put them so thought I'd try the modern version,

What is everyone else reading?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've just finished "The Shepherds Crown" - Terry Pratchetts last book. Think I must have had something in my eye at the end. Great story as always and a lot of thoughts about death and continuity.

Am about to start "Go Set a Watchman" which destroys the "holier than thou" reputation of Atticus Finch :)

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
I've just finished "The Shepherds Crown" - Terry Pratchetts last book. Think I must have had something in my eye at the end. Great story as always and a lot of thoughts about death and continuity.

Am about to start "Go Set a Watchman" which destroys the "holier than thou" reputation of Atticus Finch :)

It's a real shame he's gone, such an imagination, loved his books when I was growing up.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Terry Pratchetts last book. Think I must have had something in my eye at the end. :)

Massive loss. :(

But he gave so much humour whilst he was here. :)

Cutmyownthroat will be my eternal and lasting impression of all street food vendors.

quidditys_shore

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2014
Middlesbrough
I too have the shepherds crown in my pile to read soon. Terrys been with me through most of my reading life, so sad to see it end but I do hope that he's left a legacy of more fun filled fiction.

This week I finished the girl who kicked the Hornets nest (what a fantastic trilogy!) & wanted to read the girl in the spiders Web straight after but I keep leaving books half read so didn't allow myself until I finished Kingdom keepers (it's a teens book set around disney. Very good if you're mad on it like me & my wife lol).
So after spiders Web & shepherds crown it'll be the book of learning by e r Murray.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=1781173621

I'm reading this as its a girl lady I went to school with & it's her first book!

I do prefer real books by the authors I love, but I do get alot of others on my kindle paperwhite which is needed as its the only way I can read in bed (wife doesn't allow the light on!). So think I'll start Mary poppins or bear grylls mission survival on that

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.

Only reading it because I've seen it referenced so many times as a 'must read'.

bohXI

Jul 16, 2012
Kettering
I don'y really get to read much at the moment, but I've been finding a few good audio books of late. Currently I'm listening to Watership Down, read by Ralph Cosham - it's an unabridged version, but still great.

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
Are my marbles going (the wife said they did a runner years ago) or did I see another 'what are you reading threads'? I swear I posted on it?
I've just finished Das Boot and 'Short guide to the Roman wall' circa 1973.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Bushcraft in the 21th Century = "The Martian" by Andy Weir. Just realize that your sense of innovation may just save your a$$ right here in Earth.

mowerman

Aug 23, 2015
Shropshire
I have just received "Natural Navigation" by Tristan Gooley.

Good book, lots of interesting facts and little snippets that are handy when out and about. I'm only a quarter of the way through it but hope to finish it by the end of the weekend.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE