What are you planning to do this May day weekend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

.XII.

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2010
Dartmoor
i'm hoping to get the family out for a bimble around the woods saturday, then get some man-time in the work-shed sun/mon, but we all know about the best laid plans of mice and men... :rolleyes:

galopede

Forager
Dec 9, 2004
Gloucestershire
Well, I've done my May Day thing on May Day proper! Set off at 3:45am in howling gales and rain to climb May Hill in the Forest of Dean to play my squeezebox for my morris team to dance in the dawn and welcome in the "Summer" We don't seem to have succeeded this year!

Just made it before the dawn (slight lightening of the grey mist and rain) as my daughter and I got ourselves lost in the fog as we couldn't see the paths! Knew I should have taken the Garmin! Just kept heading uphill. Seemed to work!

Looks like I might be almost repeating it this weekend as my morris team are dancing at the Upton on Severn Folk Festival, or Upton IN Severn as it's is called at the moment! My ceilidh band have played for a dance under the river bridge on Satuday and Sunday for years now. Must take the weliies!

Upton.jpg

Gareth

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Myself and Oakhill Wanderer are going to fire up the forge and create a few sharp pointy things on the Saturday morning, followed by fine ale and food in the local, before retiring to the woods for the eve.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Well, I was going to run a spider identification course for my local wildlife trust, but they've just cancelled on me, so I hope to get in a bit of a solo hammocky trip thing.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well after a week in the metropolis , people and cars and stuff AAARRRGGHHH!!! I am opefully going camping with my youngest , in a wood we sussed out a couple of weeks ago , no people no cars ,just woods ,bliss! And if mother nature does her worst ( can't possibly be worse than last Sunday ) then plan B ...

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
Checking out a 10 mile hike my Scouts are doing the following weekend.

And tidying up the house before my parents and friend from New Zealand come to stay in a couple of weeks :rolleyes:. Don't think she'll appreciate the two sleeping bags and tent that's currently dumped on the spare bed to "air".

Might even get time to put away all the stuff at the Scout Hut that we had out for last weekends camp.

Mr Finch

Aug 16, 2011
Hampshire, UK
Running a District Explorer Scout competition in Dorset, starting in Southampton on Saturday and finishing near Wareham on Monday. We call it Concrete Zombie. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE