what and where to get flexible packable tent vent supports/expanders

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
A tent like the hilleberg atko or banshee have little vents with what I assume to be a flexible rod to keep the vent from sagging.

I was wondering whether any one could give me a point in the right direction of something like it.

I am looking for something that is thin but flexible that will revert back to form when unpacked ideally, or a bit of anything else that is packable really

Any help greatly appreciated

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
I have just had the same trouble with my Wild Country Trisar, I have no idea what was in there, but it was not doing its job
of holding the porch vent cap out.
I found some plastic strimmer wire,cut it to size and sandpapered the ends to a rounded shape. Then inserted it between the stitches into the seam.
So far it has worked well.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
The cheapest I can think of is solid core mains electrical cable.

You should be able to push the sheath back, cut the cable back inside so it doesn't snag on anything. It'll be dirt cheap and depending on the thickness of the cable, could (in theory) do what you need?

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
The cheapest I can think of is solid core mains electrical cable.

You should be able to push the sheath back, cut the cable back inside so it doesn't snag on anything. It'll be dirt cheap and depending on the thickness of the cable, could (in theory) do what you need?

I have tried this before, bit it's very heavy and tends to poke a hole through, which can be annoying. Thanks for all of the inputs though, suppose it's the wrong soprt of forum.

The best I have come up with is cable fisher rod, although it's not going to take kindly to being folded. There must be something in the sewing world like the stiff that stiffens cap peaks, sort of like pipe cleaner. There must be new stuff too like silicone rubberized rods, but to no avail.

This is the best so far

http://ebay.co.uk/itm/350586200431?nav=SEARCH

Still looking

Edit:

This one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350586200431?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE