What am I doing wrong?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I have been trying to post some images on a thread and it won't do it :confused: I used to be able to copy the direct link from the image I wanted on Photobucket onto the insert Image field but all I get is invalid URL? I realise something's changed and can't quite work outDSCF5060.jpg whether I do something wrong (likely) or something's broke?? When I try from my computer, I only seem to be able to upload the thumbnail size pictures...What Am I doing wrong...:rolleyes:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I had the same problem yesterday, don't know how I got around it but I randomly pressed something and it worked. Not sure if this upgrade has actually been a good thing or not.

I went for the attachement method and then didn't like the result and then couldn't find how to delete the attachment from the posting.

One of the few times having an upgrade hasn't been an improvement.

Hope it's just a glitch and not a permanant thing.

Last edited:

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
on photobucket if you copy the IMG code and paste it into the thread it should appear as a full picture in the thread,

DSCF4851-1.jpg

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
When you click the pic button, look at the url box where you would normally paste the link, the little tick box underneath it, uncheck that an you can upload the whole pic, it defaults to the thumbnail every time.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just having a look at this...bcuklogoblack.jpgthat one is from my computer although I had to go to the basic editor to do it.

_51626586_008442837-1.jpgThis one is a URL, although as you say it's been thumbnailed when it's uploaded as an attachment (taken from the BBC website)

small-oak-tree.jpg
Full size when just the URL is used to pull the image hosted from somewhere else.

It's a listed vBulletin bug that I'm hoping they'll work on and get sorted very soon :( the new editor seems to have some great things but also some issues, sorry about this, as soon as there's a fix we'll upgrade.

Last edited:

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I've been trying all the alternative methods, AND I read the sticky about posting images.

All that happens is either a non-post or the best I can do is to embed the link. I use imageshack, any connection?

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I have never been able to upload directly from my pc, all way use either photobucket( IMG tag directly into post), facebook albums(img details then find the url and paste into url box for IMG) or the pics url if from another site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE