Wet Scouts...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
wow. how come mys scouts never do that kinda stuff? Where were you at? what section are you? how much dod the weekend cost?

I can't answer the first question, but I might presume it's down to whichever individuals make decisions in their ivory towers ;)

We camped over by Ashington, not far from the A24. We're Petworth and Pulborough district. Cost £10 head, and an awful lot of very helpful gamekeepers...

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I've been along with my boys troop in East Sussex a few times and whilst I've been asked to teach map reading, suffered to teach fire, sharps have been a big no no, together with animals. It must be an East Sussex thing.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
He high fived my lad at a Cub funday on Sunday! How chuffed was he??

Tell you what, you can say what you like about Bear, but he is absolutely brilliant with the kids.

Couldn't agree more...

He landed with us around 0930, stayed an hour or so, signed every bit of clothing on offer, and then took off for Burgess Hill and several other places, probably including your fun day...Top marks from me...

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Nice post stovie
somthing to aim for methinks

Thank you.

Have washed and smoked the hide (first of two smokings) and for want of a frame to stretch it, have nailed it to the wall in the scout hut. At this rate I may not be a leader next week :yikes:

Oh well, the other section leaders are long suffering, and they kinda humour me...I can get away with anything...its the eccentricity...they never quite know what to say :D

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
The hide is now ceremoniously pinned to the scout hut wall...well I figure with all the wet canvas around, no one will notice :eek:

BearCamp.jpg

Need to start thinking of something to make...hat, gloves, Hairy undies...

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
had to remove said hide from scout hut as the pong was somewhat intrusive :p

It is now pinned to the outside of my shed awaiting a frame...much to my wifes distain...I dont know, she's lucky it isnt in the kitchen...some people are so unreasonable :rolleyes:

cbkernow

Forager
Jun 18, 2009
cornwall
wow, that looks like a great weekend was had by all. I'd love to do a bit more bushcrafty stuff with our lot.

How the heck did you get BG to come along, did you have to book that really far in advance? Still waiitng for an official visit down this end of the country.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE