Wet Scouts...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
wow, that looks like a great weekend was had by all. I'd love to do a bit more bushcrafty stuff with our lot.

How the heck did you get BG to come along, did you have to book that really far in advance? Still waiitng for an official visit down this end of the country.

He's working his way around the country. You need to speak to gilwell and find out what his itinery is and get your district mobilised and arrange a visit. Put on a bit of a do and impress the man. He was great with the youngsters...

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
mary told me you lot had had a visitor, I bet it costa fortune for the heli though even if it is airwolf in drag :)

you could do much worse than have him along on a moot as he learns as he does it so has a lot of knowledge tucked away in there now and he is better with the kids than most of the leaders. most of his detractors are just practising a different form of prejudice and it makes me wonder how ray mears would have got on if he had been black!

He's getting more kids and their parents interested in the outdoors than many are prepared to admit and the kids think its called bushcraft thanks to the PC brigade so you can hardly complain.

until headquarters stops trying to be a quango though I reckon its still going to be hard as a leader, most districts or counties wouldnt allow half of that without a massive leader ratio, two ambulances and a team of lawyers.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
...No prizes :camping:

Not such a busy one...group camp, 70 kids give or take, but at least there's activities organised that I dont have to get too involved with...not that that will stop me...:rolleyes:

It might even be dry this weekend...gives us a chance to get the canvas sorted from last weekend...

Boy am I getting some stick over the reek from the brain tanned roe hide...they'll be laughing on the other side of their faces when I have a nice warm hat on the November camp :cool:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Not sure which side, but I agree, they will be laughing!

Why not make some soft possibles pouches (sporran type) with some of the hide? Just a thought

jamin

Forager
Nov 27, 2006
lincoln
www.piczo.com
well done on the weekend. i have a district bushcraft planned next month. you have gave me a good idea of going around the game keepers. cheers. ben

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
...Group camp. Beavers, Cubs and Scouts all having a great time. Activities all laid on (not cheap, but you get what you pay for) and a dry weekend...all tentage dry after the previous weekends deluge.

Managed to slip in one bushcrafty activity, had ten brace of pheasant shot and delivered on Saturday evening for sunday roast...but of course they had to be prepared...

Sunday lunch
lodgehill019copy.jpg

'Baggy' ensures the game is drawn correctly
lodgehill025copy.jpg

Tentage drying out
lodgehill004copy.jpg

You have no idea how many takes this took...
lodgehill006copy.jpg

A. Muscaria...just because it's pretty...
lodgehill029copy.jpg

Apart from a bit of plucking and drawing I had a very easy weekend of it...Relatively speaking...:camping:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE