West Mdlands Meet - Summer'08

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Hi all,

I'm up for the raffle so i'll bring some stuff for it, nothing expensive though as funds are tight at the moment.

Also,

I will be bringing some birch bark ( can't remember how much though) and some interesting eucalyptus bark from my tree in the garden (got my 4yr old collecting it yesterday), it burns well and gives off a lovely aroma. We'll see if anyone has a use for it ??

Very, very generous Bernie with the knife, respect mate.:wow1:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'm up for the raffle so i'll bring some stuff for it, nothing expensive though as funds are tight at the moment.

There's no need to overstretch yourself - there can be a great difference between expense and value.

I'll give an example:

Two people meet,
One has spare flint,
The other has spare tinder fungus,
When they part, they can both start a fire.

eucalyptus bark from my tree in the garden ...... . We'll see if anyone has a use for it ??

Oh, definately :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Bernie suggested that the winner of his donated knife might prefer to receive it on the day. To this end he has made one up already and will send it down to yours truly (who solemnly swears to resist the temptation to 'trial' it before the Meet :( )

DSC00972.jpg

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00974.jpg

Looks good dun'it!

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I will be donating some bits, a stainless steel eating gadget....oh its a KFS not really.. its a bit to posh for my eating habits plus if anyone seen the pair of kevlar gloves I was using to lift very hot things off the fire well I have a new pair of these to go aswell + I have some really useful give aways so everyone gets something as I hate the term winners and losers
But I would love to win one of bernie's knives:D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
.......... But I would love to win one of bernie's knives:D

You're not the only one Woodstock...... Like Decorum says... I think that prize on it's own will help generate a lot of extra ticket sales All the more for our favourite forum :)

I will be donating some bits, a stainless steel eating gadget..........

I'll be donating something stainless steel as well. Seeing as I've got spare SS pots and a drainer I thought I'd make up a hobo stove set as a prize.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
...... first rifles session?

Of course you can - I've edited the shooting list in post# 131 to show who's requested what/when (So far that's Bob (either) , Andy (either) and Wallenstein (Gp. 2) - please correct me if I'm wrong) and also added the info to my Meet Tally Sheet.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I've edited the shooting list in post# 131 to show who's requested what/when (So far that's Bob (either) , Andy (either)..........

Decorum, not sure if it's an oversight or you missed my earlier post but you've forgotten to mark myself + 2 others down for either group

No real preference for doing either first. Thanks for organising it all Dec. :You_Rock_

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
not sure if it's an oversight or you missed my earlier post

It was an oversight :eek: .

I'd got you in on the original list in post# 124 but, for some reason, didn't transfer you to #131 :dunno: :eek: . Because you'd drawn my eye to the error I checked my tally sheet. I'd put you on it but didn't see it when I edited the details for Wallenstein - which is strange because I'd purposely checked to make sure that the thread & sheet tallied :eek: ). Thanks for the correction.

EDIT: I've edited post# 131 to include Mesquite (+2) (- Either)

May 13, 2007
NORTHANTS
Of course you can - I've edited the shooting list in post# 131 to show who's requested what/when (So far that's Bob (either) , Andy (either) and Wallenstein (Gp. 2) - please correct me if I'm wrong) and also added the info to my Meet Tally Sheet.

Hi Decorum
re the shooting list, I don't have a preference so either for me also.

:) :thanks:

maverick

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
How often do you hold the West Mid's meet up??

I believe that this one will be the fifth in nine months :eek:

I've just been to 'check dates' and it seems we'll have gone 'full term' - 19, 20, 21 Oct 2007 to 18, 19, 20 July 2008 is 39 weeks or 274 days (including Feb 29 Leap Day) :yikes: :grouphug: :yikes: :beerchug:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I would but you didnt tell me were you are hiding.........

But that's half the fun.... trying to find us :D There is a clue though on the very first post on the first page of this thread by Decorum

.......do you have any events coming up after this one in July?

Decorum has hinted he's got another one planned but he's teasing us at the moment by not telling us when it will be :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE