Were wrong?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
When you see it in action it looks impressive but with my carpel tunnel i'd be unable to use my hands for like a week!
i'll stick to plain old grunt, besides chopping wood is a good workout :D

Parbajtor

Maker
Feb 5, 2014
Surbiton
www.tanczos.co.uk
The geezer who invetned it is an enterprising old darling I'll say that; he recently went on bodgers web site trying to drum up support. (They cost £188.....)
http://www.bodgers.org.uk/bb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2838&sid=c12997468cb0e6bac25b77b1b8bfbf34
My husquie splitter is like uncle bens axe, it never sticks. It will handle baby birch like in his videos with ease, and splitting from the edge inwards on larger logs. For his axe to have any real value it needs to be able to do what existing axes cannot do-eg rubbishy gnarly roots and crotches, elm etc.....
Not that you'd get a worthwhile power splitter for £188, I built my own rotary spiral screw splitter for around £350 including a new 9.5 hp engine.....
at the end of the day, not impressed, FAIL

Why are you splitting the rubbishy gnarly roots and the crotch wood? That's the stuff that makes the best knife handles

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Why are you splitting the rubbishy gnarly roots and the crotch wood? That's the stuff that makes the best knife handles

Well, would you believe it not every is bothered about making knife handles.... Actually, I was (mischeivously) thinking up a theoretically difficult splitting test for the kirve mans hi tech axe. If you bother to look at the bodgers thread you'll see why.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE