were do you go

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alex905

Oct 9, 2006
england
im trying to find a nice location were i can setup camp.i havent had much luck on google. so were do you like to go and can you send me a link or something to help me find it. i thought newforest qould be a good start but it seems to be filled with big camping sites now.

i went through the site and couldent find anything.

thanks for any help you can give.

my first post but not my last :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Welcome to BCUK!! It may help if you could tell us where abouts in England you live, it ios quite a big place!! Also, if you have transport, how far you are willing to travel, etc.

I'm not too sure on the legal aspects of camping in the New Forest, it's been a while since I lived in UK let alone down south!!

Edit:
Gibbsy said:
The New forest does not allow any wild camping at all i think most people find sites by contacting land owners and gaining permission to use their land.

There you go then, I didn't think it was allowed!!

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
They certainly don't like it and do actually prosecute so beware.. Great place to wander though and there are still some quiet backwaters to be found where you can set up camp for the day, just make your self scarce at night. There's quite a few campsites there, but as you say, they're quite commercial. Have you considered Dartmoor? Wild camping is allowed here in most places on public access land. Check their website and you'll see...

alex905

Oct 9, 2006
england
dartmore sunds good i tihk i might of ben their with cadets when i was younger.

i live in london. transport will be my dad driving as i hope to perwade him to come if not he will still take me. or train if not.

newforest is a shem iv been their its a nice place.

alex905

Oct 9, 2006
england
just checked it out it seemes that dartmoor is very stric on things like fires, in the sense that they arent alowed. so im guessing tht itss gonna be hard to find anywere were their arent these rules.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE