Welly boot socks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ganstey

Settler
Hi all,

It's been a long, long time since I've been on here, so apologies if this has been answered somewhere - I did a search but couldn't find anything relevant.

I need a pair of hard-wearing socks for use inside a pair of cheap wellies. I currently have a pair of sailor's boot socks, but the heels wore out after a few days use. I'm guessing that the more technical socks will be harder wearing, but they all seem to be calf-height, whereas I need knee-height ones, especially as I have fat legs. I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I need to wear wellies rather than lace-up boots as I need them tall enough for wading through mud on a farm, and also need to be able to slip them on and off quickly when going into and out of an office building.

Cheers

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I had the same problem with socks not lasting in wellies for years while on site. I always wore two pairs of socks; normal and thick pair on top. I ended up just putting a bit of brown parcel tape on the heal of the thick sock and if it came off at the end of the day, replaced it the following morning.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE