Well Known Suppliers Demise

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Again,

I've bought a few items through him, most of which arrived well packaged and within 48hours. He was also extremely helpful on the phone.

He is a top bloke, who appears to be a victim of circumstance and his own success. It's not as if he has intentionally defrauded anybody. Last few months must of been helllish for him. I know from first hand experience that Paypal can be a huge pain, especially if they limit your account access, I expect that was the proverbial nail in the coffin.

Of course I would be peeved if I where out out if pocket, but threats are not the way to go!

He's a good bloke, and I am sure this will all come good in the end.

It would be a shame to loose a well respected, knowledge member of the bushcraft community over all of this. I hope those who know him well and consider him a friend will continue to support him through this difficult time.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I feel that i should add something to this thread as it has annoyed me somewhat the flaming that Andrew has recieved . I have purchased a few items from outdoorcode and been very pleased with the service .
As for the threats of violence towards him , i am horrified by this behaviour to a member here , especially to someone who has given so much to the members of this forum .
I have a request for Tony , Any chance you can find out who it was that did this and ban them from the forum ? My reasoning behind this is that i dont really wish to be in a situation at a meet where someone is in possesion of a knife/axe that is intent on being violent to another member . In my mind that is far from what this forum is about . What if there are children at this meet ? Personaly i dont need to know who it was , just that they have been banned.
Cheers
Pumbaa

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Never met Andrew, never ordered from him, but speaking as someone who ran their own small business for 13 years, i know exactly what he must be going through. It's all too easy for people to write and send threatening messages and threats of physical violence when their orders do not happen due to extenuating circumstances.

I've read all the posts about Andrew and how upset people are, i can understand that aswell. You pay for something but it doesn't arrive. Very annoying especially when people don't have alot of money and have saved up for a particular item.

However, to everyone who threatened Andrew and his family with violence -
SHAME ON YOU it's disgusting how some members of a community can turn like a pack of rabid dogs.

How many of them have tried to run a one man small business?

Andrew my sympathies lie with you matey. I hope that your current run of bad luck gets better soon. Chin up, and keep smiling. You ain't alone.

Nat

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Looking back, Wanderngstar said there had been threats of violence, but he didn't say that they came from BCUK forum members.

I really hope that I've understood that correctly; because I agree with pumbaa.

Sep 27, 2007
essex
The running of a business large or small is not an easy thing to do. I have run several over the years (some big and some small) and keeping everyone happy by providing a quality service takes a lot of dedication, something that is hard when particular areas of a business go wrong. Even though I’m in the same line of business as Andrew it’s not nice to see situations like this happen, and although I don’t know Andrew myself I do wish him all the best.

As for threats of violence, this is something that’s not acceptable, if someone has a genuine gripe then there are the correct channels to go through and threats are not one of them!

Kris

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Setting up my company was a steep learning curve and I still have much to learn and have made a few very costly mistakes.

It is sad that people have resorted to threats of violence to achieve their aims. Andrew deserves sympathy as do those that may have lost money as his company failed.

I hope he gets back on his feet soon and wish him success for the future.

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
The highs and lows of running a small business can be extreme and when things go wrong they can go very wrong.

All I can offer as one who works alone is to say that Andrew needs to put some distance between himself and his business in order to fully and honestly analyze what went wrong for him, if he can do that then he can move on, if not it will haunt him for a long time.

As for threats, they are easily made when there is the degree of anonymity and distance that the web provides and are a display of cowardice that only bullies use.

Although I've never met the man he is held in high regard by those who know him so I wish him all the best for the future.

Best regards, Pothunter.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I have a request for Tony , Any chance you can find out who it was that did this and ban them from the forum ?

According to Rule 2 of the forum any foul language or behaviour is a bannable offence on BCUK and Rule 5 says to stay within the law, and last i looked threatening behaviour is an offence in the UK. So if any threats of violence have been made here on BCUK towards anyone the post should be reported to the mod/admin team for them to deal with and bans issued where needed.

Ed

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Oh, and at least one of those large dogs has had 'training'.

What? This one?...
Bushpug.jpg
.....;)

ganstey

Settler
The threat of violence is unjustifiable in any circumstance.

However, I can understand people getting very frustrated. At the end of the day, regardless of his personal circumstances (for which I wish him all the best), he has 'disappeared' with a lot of money from a lot of people. He can hardly be surprised that he's had PayPal complaints raised against him.

G

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I hope it's unlikely the threats came from here, Andrew had a succesful eBay shop - has?

I hope he pulls it back from the brink, I'd like to give him money for goods again. It always went well in the past for me.

Threats of violence towards your family - I'd take their money out of spite after that, but that's me.

nooky

Nomad
Oct 26, 2005
Watton, Norfolk
I have placed a couple of orders with Andrew and always received the best service from him, he was always very honest in his dealings with me. I wish him all the best for the future whatever he decides to do. The threats are just in excusable.

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Andrew,

I do hope everything turns around for you, there are too many people in this world, who will so quickly jump down someones throat, because they haven't got what they want yesterday. A little patience never hurt anyone, I for one wish you all the very best for your future, and hope to see you up and running again very soon.

Good luck to you sir, it was a pleasure doing business with you, and i will return when you do.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
i hope now that the situation has been explained by ian and gary, everyone waiting for stuff to arrive can be patiant a bit longer and give andrew a chance to get back on his feet.

knowing what a great guy he is, he will be doing all he can to sort this mess out asap, i know it's easy for me to post this as i have had nothing but great service from him, and i can understand it is frustrating when you pay for kit and it dosn't arrive, but lets give the guy a break for a bit he is obviously under a lot of pressure at the moment, let him try and enjoy the christmas period without the constant emails etc, i am sure things will look better in the new year. please if no one else has any objection can this be the last thread about the guy untill he post's here himself as i am sure he will when he get's on top of things.

Andrew try and have a merry christmas mate, hope to share a camp fire with you again in the new year if not sooner.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
its great to see so much support for one of our members, not only did this person put himself out for us, he tried his level best to get his business up and running with the same set of ethics used around here, unfortunately the 'general' public(a portion of them at least) are not as understanding, and fueled by present day society's NOW culture, basically hammered the man into the ground, one thing we have all learn't, and mentioned on this forum many times, when things are going wrong, you are lost, or generally panicking about anything what do you do! stop, make a brew and give yourself time to think, personally those threatning violence to anyone cant be able to think, they obviously havent the grey matter it requires, if they had given THEMSELVES time to think it might just have been long enough for Andrew to get himself sorted. Ahwell, rant over, Good luck Andrew in what ever you do and i hope to see you back on here when your ready, your welcome round my fire anytime.

Adam.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I wasn't going to get involved in this because I dislike these types of thread but I too would like to add my voice of support to Andrew.
Andrew gave me a very good deal on a Knife a couple of Christmases ago. He ordered it in specially and was in phone contact with me to tell me it had arrived with him and was on it's way to me which it arrived the next day.
I too wish to add my support for Andrew and instead of slating him or moaning or threatening him maybe we should be contacting him to ask if there's anything we can do to help the guy out. We're supposed to be a community and support fellows is what communities do. I don't have any ideas I'm afraid but will gladly do something if I can, as I suspect would a large amount of fellow community members. Lets back Andrew up. He's done a lot for a lot of people.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE