Well I never!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I'm the sort of person who never wins anything in competitions. Well that's not quite true, I did once win a pair of woman's stockings. Too small!! Anyway I just won a wide mouthed Sigg bottle and sandwich box on Simon King's website. Very easy competitions and usually bushcrafty things on offer. Have a go, you never know.:)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Congrats. I once won a signature Richie Sambora Strat. Worth a damned fortune now. Can't beat that feeling of " it was me!!!!"

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Fortunately,your taste in cultlery is superior to your taste in music.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

It was sixteen years ago. Still, Livin' on a Prayer cannot be knocked, and he is a damned fine player. The Fender is a work of art. Not a match for my best cutlery mind :D

Last edited:

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Nah, Guns n' Roses, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Metallica and Bros.

Aye, like I said "Hollywood" Rock...

Bros!! Bros!!???

I'd laugh, but (true story) many years ago the ex wife thumped me awake for singing in my sleep.

I'd been dreaming I was on stage with Bros singing "When will I be famous" of all things. I blame Top of the Pops myself.

Admitting that on here may seem like a bad move, but it's "small beer" TBH.

The day after the "dream/nightmare", the ex wife told her pals, and then the whole World knew...

I turned to drink after that, carried a bell everywhere with me and called out "Unclean!! Unclean!!"

Such is life.

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Aye, like I said "Hollywood" Rock...

Bros!! Bros!!???

I'd laugh, but (true story) many years ago the ex wife thumped me awake for singing in my sleep.

I'd been dreaming I was on stage with Bros singing "When will I be famous" of all things. I blame Top of the Pops myself.

Admitting that on here may seem like a bad move, but it's "small beer" TBH.

The day after the "dream/nightmare", the ex wife told her pals, and then the whole World knew...

I turned to drink after that, carried a bell everywhere with me and called out "Unclean!! Unclean!!"

Such is life.

I really have no comeback to that revelation :lmao:

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I really have no comeback to that revelation :lmao:

Aye, I'll never live it down but it made me the man I am today.

I've had to develop a thick skin to cope with the laughter over the years, but it's still cheaper than counselling.

Sorry for the thread hijack Mang. :eek:

The phrase in Mang's post "Fill yer boots" made me laugh.

I and everyone I know that used to go to car scrapyards for bits and bobs for the motor were wearing Wellies or Rigger Boots. They charged an arm and a leg for repeaters, bulbs and other wee stuff you know?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Aye, I'll never live it down but it made me the man I am today.

I've had to develop a thick skin to cope with the laughter over the years, but it's still cheaper than counselling.

Sorry for the thread hijack Mang. :eek:

The phrase in Mang's post "Fill yer boots" made me laugh.

I and everyone I know that used to go to car scrapyards for bits and bobs for the motor were wearing Wellies or Rigger Boots. They charged an arm and a leg for repeaters, bulbs and other wee stuff you know?

:lmao: This isn't Mangs thread you numpty. That would be the other thread you hijacked :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE