Weekend down on Dartmoor near Postbridge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Womble, Moduser, Myself and my brother, met up down on a farm in Dartmoor this weekend for a little get together. The forcast wasn't great but it actually turned out to be a lovely (mostly) sunny weekend with nice crisp and icy evenings that were made all the nicer with a warm fire and plenty of stew and a mug of hot mulled wine to go round on Saturday night and a good fry up Sunday morning :D

Went for a short walk out onto the moor past Wistman's wood on Saturday. No hairy hands on the road down to Two Bridges, or any giant adders or ghostly Wisht Hounds in the woods, to be seen mind.

We had some great star gazing on Friday and Saturday night with clear skys and miniumum light pollution as far as the eye could see.

Thought i'd share a couple of my pics with everyone:

The farm we camped on:

301157497_c9fdb2b5bf.jpg

Couple of pics from our walk around Wistman's woods and Beardown Tors:

301157484_748197dd86.jpg

301157485_b3bb1e020d.jpg

301157491_063d8c3407.jpg

301159799_ec1bb86d49.jpg

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
It was a good time, and a nice site. I note that Andy didn't mention the holes that both his and my leg found whilst looking for a crossing point for the stream in the forth picture, nor the infamous Mouse of the Baskervilles that Moduser saw...

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
LOL...I thought that the hole finding challenge was best left unmentioned!

Hopefully in the summer i'll be able to get use of the private field on that farm I was talking about and we can get another meetup sorted. The track down there isn't suitable for cars at this time of year though.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
A very nice couple of days in one of my favorite parts of the country, thanks Andy for organising :You_Rock_

The stew and mulled wine were especially good.

And to top it all I saw my first shooting star (and missed a load of others).

thanks for the good company guys.

david

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE