Website building advice needed please.....!

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Hi....i am certainly showing my age it seems....i've finally got my own website and being the stubborn fool i am i didnt want to pay someone to do something i can do....added to that i want full control and understanding of my site....i dont like being dependent on someone else....so.....i have my domain, i have my space....but its been 20 years since i made a website and my skillz are lacking and dementia has set in to my poor old head and it seems i'm gona need some software and advice....i dont think i need dreamweaver....but i dont want to go buying something useless either....can anyone recommend me some software please? would this do the job?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WEB-EASY-...ting_Software_Software_SR&hash=item484b025269

any advice geatly appreciated!!!!

a

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
If you're thinking of selling then use Shopify - it'll let you design your set with set templates and allow you to sell your lovely wares online.
http://www.shopify.com/

Not seen that before! In the past I've used Microsoft office live or 365 whatever it's called now, and integrated Roman cart into it.

I'll definitely check out shopify for the next venture too.

touched by nature

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....ta guys....i'm simply after a decent prog that i can buy....hold in my hands....call my own....load it onto my computer and use....to do simple pages, change colour, add backgrounds, images, links and layout pictures of my products and relevant text ....damn things were easier in the old days lolololol!

a

ps i just read webeasy reviews on amazon....totally!!!!!!!!!!! slated!

Last edited:

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
I'd still consider Wordpress . Dead simple to use and update. No messing with FTPing if you don't want to. If you do, then easy to set up with a web hoster . And free... Looks modern and clean too.

We run our school website using it.

Snozz

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Wordpress templates (not Wordpress.com online) is the way to go.
If your host has cpanel then it will even install itself and you just have to add the new template.
A lot of templates have shopping baskets too.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Who is your web hosting with? Check with them if they support Wordpress - most do. Whilst you do that I'll scout around for some Wordpress links for you

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Wordpress.org contains all you need for your website. Don't confuse it with Wordpress.com which you don't host. Will try a d find some more info

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ok....thanks everyone....i'm still wallowing around here so in the end i decided to do it all myself by hand in notepad with html.....took me a week of changing my mind, mustve rebuilt it from scratch 3 or 4 times but i'm happy for now. its not amazon...but then i dont want it to be.

have also bought microsoft expression studio 4 web pro to help me do more jazzy stuff once my brain has stopped feeling like jelly lol.

regards

a

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE