Webbing pouch load-outs, (Picture heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi as requested a few Photos of Webbing an the contents:

I had a DPM cop vest before any army pouches it was like the waistcoat made from a DPM jacket with extra big pockets, poppers instead of buttons), never really used it and if you ran in it stuff fell out and it whacked you in the chin and ribs.no pic available

My first "proper" army webbing set was 1972 webbing like this, my back pouch was missing and i used a 58 kidney pouch instead,
not the best design in the world!
Army&

I did a stint in the TA and was issued 58" webbing, nuff said No pics but i have a list of what i carried.

This is a set i collected over a few years, (not bought as a set).
Used from 1989-1997.
Alicegear.jpg

I'll list the contents if you wish.
(yup theres some real cr@p in there but those was the days of "survival" rather than "Bushcraft) and it's heavily influenced from my TA training. It's almost CEFO, there's even a wash kit in there!
Here are some of the other bits of ALICE I collected including some rare bits
ALICEparts.jpg

at the same time i was gathering ALICE webbing I came across this on an army surlus stall for around £30.
South African defence force webbing, very comfy, but so many pockets, a bit like a big Bergen you end up filling every space,even if you don't need to, but you couldn't carry a rucksack with it on.
ALICEparts.jpg

after a while i bought a full set of DPM PLCE webbing (below)I liked the idea you could carry the normal "webbing" but also have complimentary sidepouches for food overnight kit. here i went through a phase when everything was DPM, notice the gloves and headover in the foreground! also in the front a rolled up SASS basha, Really tough, but really bulky!
ALICEparts.jpg

DPM PLCE chest webbing, I liked this, it was comfy to wear, usable with a bergen, but you couldn't adapt it. good for short trips.
PLCEchestwebbing.jpg

This is a set I made from cheapie PLCE pouches, (some badly painted), I pop-riveted these pouches to the belt quite low.
FYI if you didn't know the PLCE E-tool pouch will hold a 58 bottle and Crusader cup!
SASCopy.png

This is another idea i had, I wanted to be able to carry "survival" kit but to not look Military, the idea was to wear the vest under baggy outer clothing, and it worked well. It's a real SWAT vest as seen on the last scene of the film "LEON".
SWATvest02-07.png

this is a set Which is mostly homemade(I do have a sewing machine!)
is_00012.jpg

I bought this as an Improvement on PLCE a local store was selling the odd OG Arktis pouch for a couple of quid and te ones i coulden't get i made(basically PLCE was too robust therefore heavy and bulky for my needs) Much more influenced by Bushcraft generally all of the kit is better quality than in previous sets i had.

This is an Improvement on the last set, it's pretty much the same but two 44" style water bottle pouches, and the belt is designed for it shame it's not OG. the pouch on the far left is a "US army SAW pouch", not an ALICE pouch.
ImprovedArktis.jpg

This is an idea more useful to most Bushcrafters a full brew kit in a WW2 British army gas mask bag
25-06-07_1237.jpg

another configuration
This one you can see the contents of my first aid kit and brew kit
kitout.jpg

This set Is my current Drop SAS pouch set
SAScut-downbeltorder004.jpg

Pretty much the same stuff as the last one but a cut down version, just the basics.
More sets to come (when i can find them;) )

and a full version with 58 yoke, (so you can carry extra water first aid on the belt etc)
SASbeltordercompletewithyoke.jpg

Anyone recognise this set? :D Think ("Survival" by Len cacutt)
outsidebeforeadjustments.jpg

More photos to come just need to find them first!
(by the way i don't still have all this stuff ;) )

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
<wibble.>

Youve set me off now...

The last set you made, I remember.

I have the SWAT vest too, its nice but the pouches are too small.

my fishermans vest is handier, but is wearing out.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I also use a WW2 resi case for a brew kit holder, inside contents are hexi cooker, 58 patt bottle/mug/ plus crusader mug, hexi blocks, kfs, matches/lighter/ tin foil in side pockets for wind break, small bag of coffee/tea bags/powdered milk, and a strap across top from 58 webbing as a handle/compresion strap.
smockcrus005.jpg

smockcrus011.jpg

thats a good collection of webbing youve got there, i used to have alot myself but sold most only now have 58 patt and a few 44 and 37 patt bits n pieces used to have about 4 complete sets of 37 patt, but that was for another hobby, plus plce in o/g ,44 pattern set, i still have a nylon 58 patt yoke, plus set of 58 patt, had a arkis jungle vest,etc etc but much as i like the stuff i feel a bit strange wearing it for bushcraft, well more getting to and from where i go, you get strange looks, i just now used two karrimor sabre side pouches and yoke for my day trips.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
but much as i like the stuff i feel a bit strange wearing it for bushcraft, well more getting to and from where i go, you get strange looks
:( yeah, the world should be more accepting really but I understand why people don't like it. I should point out the canvas "SAS pouches" aren't real, they're home made!
(though it's a real 44" water bottle pouch)

You'll notice my earlier sets were very much "carry as much as you can" and as the list goes down it's more stuff i use every time i go out.

I did use a single PLCE side pouch for a while but always hated having to pack everything back in so carefully.

I like using the "cut down" SAS drop pouches as you can't see them from the front of the body, and get hidden when a rucksack is worn.:)

I'll probably find a new set i like soon!:lmao: :lmao:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I like the looks of some of the Isreali kit (with the lace adjustment) but havent seen it for sale anywhere, i once saw a guy(whilst walking near Lock Lomond) with four 58 patt water bottle pouches on a belt but whilst he was walking the belt was fastened around his bergen, looked like a vulcan,co's of the colour match it just looked like part of the pack, so i suppose when he got to where he was stopping he could just drop the pack and put on the belt, i have been tempted to copy this idea.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
i once saw a guy(whilst walking near Lock Lomond) with four 58 patt water bottle pouches on a belt but whilst he was walking the belt was fastened around his bergen, looked like a vulcan,co's of the colour match it just looked like part of the pack, so i suppose when he got to where he was stopping he could just drop the pack and put on the belt, i have been tempted to copy this idea.

Yup, I agree.
I carried my PLCE chest webbing just like that sometimes and the dpm merged with my then dpm bergen.
that's what i liked about ALICE webbing gear, you could just clip it all on the outside of the ALICE pack till you get out of the public eye, then clip it back on to the belt.
You could just about get away with attaching Arktis pouches on to a rucksack like that (mine all have homemade Molle type attachments) usually Arktis just have a simple loop that the belt goes through.

I like the looks of some of the Isreali kit (with the lace adjustment) but havent seen it for sale anywhere
I've come across a Isreali belt kit once in a local shop (a lot of kit turnover), Tried it on etc but it seemed all the pouches were a bit too specific sized, and no means of adjusting them, i.e. you' have to get hold of an Isreali water bottle to fit in it.

some of the Arktis stuff looks a bit like that though, worth looking at, they did a sort of Hybrid chest/belt system that in green looks similar to Isreali
1624_NL_05.jpg

arktis: This solution coincidentally bears some resemblance to the well known Israeli chest rig
(it's better in green though);)
http://www.arktisltd.co.uk/Products/1624_NLRig.htm
I like the way you can add pouches at the back, and you can adjust it to be worn like a vest or low like webbing......Damn i want some now:eek:

But if you want the real thing and have a large wallet:eek: here a link to real Isreali kit:
http://www.zahal.org/gear/p4.htm
;)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
nice.

I like the pouch that you have the multitool and lighter in, where did you get?
cheers

:D
thanks mate, I made it myself!
If you want to make one:
It's just a Cordura (or thick nylon) square folded in half, with a mesh window(don't ask me why, just felt like adding it at the time ;) ) elastic straps in two rows inside and a chunky zip running around the edge.

I was getting fed up of these bit rattling round and almost getting lost, so i thought I'd put them all in one place.:rolleyes:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Cheer for the link unfortunately my wallet is in intensive care,hope he gets better soon,i do like the fact the Isreali's stick to O/G in fact it looks almost like very early ww2 pea green, would fit right in with my Sabre's.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
well, I've had a few hours to think about it now and i reckon i might try to copy the Arktis NI kit perhaps with less ammo pouches(a long term project),seeing as I've had success at making other pouches.;)

Nice one ,
Think I to have had all them sets at one time or another , very retro ..
Twodogs
Did you carry similar stuff, or was it a military thing?

Cheer for the link unfortunately my wallet is in intensive care,hope he gets better soon,i do like the fact the Isreali's stick to O/G in fact it looks almost like very early ww2 pea green, would fit right in with my Sabre's.
Yup very expensive, Strange to stick with OG I would have thought a sandy Colour would be better in an arid area... I guess it's a look they're after, rather than camo.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Military thing mate , No I am not SF ....
In the days when the Rifles were long and the pay and kit was poor we used allsorts of gear , all very simlier to yours ,
Even had a 72 pattern job in DPM later on , ARKTIS 45/42 chest rigs the only makers at the time ,
Small first aid kits with another small kit with the drugs in not much bigger than a survival tin ,
I remember having a sort of one 2/3rd size 58 pattern water bottle a carrier ,very tidy ,

Those were the days my friend !!

Twodogs

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
much as i like the stuff i feel a bit strange wearing it for bushcraft, well more getting to and from where i go, you get strange looks, i just now used two karrimor sabre side pouches and yoke for my day trips.

I've got a very minimal PLCE rig (just the canteen pouch and a double ammo pouch) which I've modded to attach to my Sabre 45 in place of the original (rubbish) belt. With the pack, I'd don't think it really stands out as webbing.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Heres mine:
Civiy webbing, it gets used instead of a a daysack when im mooching in the woods. Sabrecat, single sheath, FR-1, Volta, Bottle holder, UFBS a green webbing yoke.
IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

Always like webbing when in so saw no reason not to carryon. Get used instead of a daysack. Athough this set up is going to change completely tommorow with the arrival of a Kifaru MMR and piggyback kit

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi, sorry if you just saw blank squares, I'd just been tidying my albums and re-named the album (stupid boy!) :eek:

I've had a PM requesting some more detailed stuff I'll add some ASAP:D

(I knew I'd find a use for these photos one day!):rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE