Waterproof gloves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
The NI gloves are different. IIRC they do not have the waterproof lining. But they do have padding on the knuckles to protect your hands when working on the Falls road! I don't have a link but it appears a couple for these fine gents do. As mentioned, don't be.fooled by the WebTex Soldier 95 style gloves. Not the best quality. The real thing will have a part number on the label inside. I'll try to remember to get the number of my gloves, which are in the car, in the morning

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Yeah, I have a pair Sealskinz gloves, and just like you say, once wet, they hold no heat at all. I also wasn't too impressed with the waterproofing. It failed in heavy rain the first time I took them hiking. I do like the socks though. I wear them in the kayak when I know I'll be in and out a lot, and they do keep out the water. I wouldn't hike in them, though.

Ditto for me. I don't think they hold up to harsh conditions and mine always got wet very easily, both from external and internal (ie sweaty hands) sources, which points to breathability issues. They would probably work fine in an arrid environment but not in Scotland :). Funnily enough I see a lot of positive reviews for them and I wonder where these folk are using them.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Ditto for me. I don't think they hold up to harsh conditions and mine always got wet very easily, both from external and internal (ie sweaty hands) sources, which points to breathability issues. They would probably work fine in an arrid environment but not in Scotland :). Funnily enough I see a lot of positive reviews for them and I wonder where these folk are using them.

I wore my pair all last weekend, in strong wind and driving rain, whist on a course. We were camping / backpacking, so outdoors from Friday to Sunday. In that time I wore my gloves most of the time.

I would never describe them as a cold weather glove, but last weekend they did the job fine...warm,dry hands.

I have a pair of S95 gloves too. Still going strong after 10 years or so, which I doubt the Sealskinz will.

Simon

Donny732

Nov 25, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I wore my pair all last weekend, in strong wind and driving rain, whist on a course. We were camping / backpacking, so outdoors from Friday to Sunday. In that time I wore my gloves most of the time.

I would never describe them as a cold weather glove, but last weekend they did the job fine...warm,dry hands.

There's so many positive reviews of Sealskinz gloves around that I do sometimes wonder if I got a dud pair. I have the Hunting gloves, and they didn't stay dry for an hour in heavy rain the first time I used them. I probably should have returned them, just in case.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
My s95's arrived today. Glad I didn't go for large! Very pleased with them, though they whiff a bit of kit (being ex issued). Looking forward to trying them out. Can't complain for a tenner.

Cheers

Mike

calgarychef

Forager
May 19, 2011
woking
I don't know if they sell them here but in Canada we have "monkey grip" gloves. Some kind of cloth that's coated with rubber, they are clunky to wear but tough as nails and warm too especially if you leave room for some liners. Mostly we use "green king" cotton liners that are cheap and made in China. Get a couple extra pairs of liners and change them out and dry as necessary, that's what they use for working the oil rigs in cold weather so should be ok here too. I use monkey grip gloves when I'm brain tanning and they really protect the hands nicely.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE