Water filter which one out of the two?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Jacob, if you do group stuff I'd go for the Maxi, only a few quid in it and you can do a lot of water if needs be. But you don't have to fill it if your on your own. That's just my take on the mater.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Well we are two people but if I want to go elsewhere with others then It would be better to have the bigger one. It's not to much more weight so ill get the bigger one. Thanks for your help GB

Has anyone got the drinksafe water bag?

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Just to throw something else into the mix, have you thought about Pure Hydration?

I have the Traveller bottle and have used it all over the country with no fears or concerns over what I'm drinking.

I bought it after watching the guys from Tamarack use them on a course they ran for Scout Leaders...they filled one from a dirty, slow flowing drainage ditch and we all drank from it.

Interestingly, I was talking to them recently and they have found a better, cheaper, alternative. The replacement filters for this one come in at £15 for 2...

These days I only take the Pure Hydration bottle with me...I carry dirty water into camp in a normal dry bag or a 4l MSR Dromedary and treat it as I need it.

Simon

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Hi Simon

I did look at the pure hydration range. I was looking at the water bag. What put me off was the very small life of the filter and the quite high starting price. It was £40 for the water bag. I can get the drink safe maxi for £55 with 20% off ATM. That comes with a pare filter and all the hose and tap and pre filter for larger bits.

That's why I've decided to go with the drink systems maxi.

Thanks though for the suggestion if was just a few things that made me feel the drink safe was better. :)

Last edited:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I have an inline filter to use with a hydration bladder. I have a 3 litre source bladder, a paper pre filter then a webtex inline filter.

Its a very versatile system as it allows it to be filled from anywhere and then I can either use it in my pack as a normal hydration bag or fill it and string it up in camp, as its 3 liters thats enough for a night.

Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE