Water bottle pouch with strap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Hello
I was a bit bored today so i put this lot together from some spare bits of kit i had lying round to use on a bimble or walking the dog in the woods,always nice to have a brew handy.I wanted a water bottle pouch i could put a strap on and sling over my shoulder . I know its basic but it does the trick.Hope you like.
Darren

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Now that I like. Would the Aussie waterbottle pouch take a 58 pat bottle and Crusader mug? I take the Hexi stove that fits in the pocket is the same size as a UK one?

ATB

Tom

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Hi Tom, the 58 pattern bottle and crusader mug will fit ,but it is a bit of a squeeze, a UK hexi stove just about fits too. The stove in my picture fits under the cup and bottle in the pouch and is a U.N design,the Hexi tabs are just in a small tin which i place into the pocket. Cheers
Darren

Jun 12, 2010
australia
that looks awesome mate. is the lid home made? and how did you fit all that in the one pouch? i can only fit in a us canteen, a aus canteen cup and a Hexi stove.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Hi aus bushcrafter,yes the lid is homemade and it all fits in the one pouch, i could compact it even more if a got rid of the U.N stove and replaced it with a U.S army natick stove

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Hi aus bushcrafter , the lid was cut out the bottom of an old camping kettle, i cut out a shape of the mug allowing for a lip and then used a wood mallet and hammered the lid around the edge of the cup.The gold handle thingy is off an R clip,but you could use a bull dog clip. Please note this is a dutch army mug and not a crusader mug. gill ,i have a brother in law in oz who got me the pouch,but i see Ray Mears sells a version on his shop website.

apj1974

Nomad
Nov 17, 2009
Lancashire. UK
www.apj.org.uk
Was talking about my setup on a different thread. So I thought I would share it with you all here (as this thread seemed more appropriate).

Seems fairly obvious what it is - PLCE utility pouch (yes its webtex) with added strap.

img_0145.jpg

But open it up and ...

img_0146.jpg

Inside its an Ascent 1 cookset, nalgene type bottle and hexi cooker.

img_0147.jpg

It usually also contains a altoids tin with hexi blocks in (inside the cooker) and some brew stuff which fits in the pouch under the cooker. But I'd just washed everything when I took this photo. I find that this set-up seems to take less room than the 58 bottle and crusader.

img_0149.jpg

I have been looking for a wide enough tin which I could make into a little hexi cooker that would nest under the whole lot and thus give even more room, but not come across one yet. It will also take the bottom half of my hobo which I sometimes use.

Alan

Last edited:

J4C3

Forager
Apr 11, 2010
Derbyshire
On my pack i have a maxpedition (large) water bottle holder,its holds cup,trangie copy,delta cup,folding cup,tin of beans,tin of tuna and some noodles and a spork ,front pocket holds honey stove ,2nd spork,firefighting kit

Acorn62

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2009
Oxfordshire
I use a PLCE trauma pouch which has a bit more room and can be mounted lots of ways. I also keep my first aid kit in it. will post some pics if I remember to get round to it. On tenterhooks at the moment as the expedition landy Hobbes is in for some welding and MOT....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE