washing wothout water????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
as above really...

im away in a few weeks where i know there is no water at one camp, im doing allot of walking and like to have a wash and brush up, what i dont like is baby wipes or that dry wash stuff....

any other ideas of what could be done, other than a muddy puddle...;)

regards.

chris.

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
On the walk to the camp up spot without water ,soak a tee shirt with water and stick it in a poly bag or two it will stay wet for a long time ,mix with some soap and voila, a wash that night and the next morning ,wring out the tee shirt and hang over ruck sack and you have one cleanish tee shirt

Jason

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
On the walk to the camp up spot without water ,soak a tee shirt with water and stick it in a poly bag or two it will stay wet for a long time ,mix with some soap and voila, a wash that night and the next morning ,wring out the tee shirt and hang over ruck sack and you have one cleanish tee shirt

Jason

Own up Jason, you googled that and did a cut and paste. No real weegie would know about such things.

Glaswegians are world Famous as soap dodgers LOL!

I've family in Glasgow and we've called them that for years... :D

Liam

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Own up Jason, you googled that and did a cut and paste. No real weegie would know about such things.

Glaswegians are world Famous as soap dodgers LOL!

I've family in Glasgow and we've called them that for years... :D

Liam

I will have you know i have a wash once a month whether i need it or not :lmao:
And as for you east coasters living on the firth of filth, you think soap is a tv program:nutkick::buttkick::slap::AR15firin:argue::twak::swordfigh

Back to you !!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Jason

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
I remember "SOAP", way back in the 80's...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075584/

Edinburgh is called "Auld Reekie" on account of it's chimneys, not it's aversion to Imperial Leather (or Fairy Liquid for you lot at Hogmanay).

Liam

I could quite happily keep this slaging going all night but i am bowing out ,I have to go and pack for the weekend ,am off to Loch Etive canoeing and camping

Just for you Loch Etive is one of the many magical lochs we have over on the west coast with stunning views, which is far better than the muddy puddles you call lochs over your way :lmao:

Jason

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Er, getting back on the topic, I prefer to use cotton face flannels. Hardly uses any water, you can even wash in the condensation from under your tarp, tent or flysheet.

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Carry a spray bottle of water mixed with a little drop of scent. Keeps you feeling fresh. Or check out savers or superdrug I got some aftershave wipes and deodorant wipes from there.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hhhhhhmm, some good ideas there, think i might just go with the extra litre of pre-made washing water, with a micro fibre towel...

never know its November, it might just rain (the whole time)...;)

thanks people:):):):):):):):)

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
a shower gel bottle 1qtr filled with 3qtr filled with water should do the trick for a good few washes , but like you say just hope for rain.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
hhhhhhmm, some good ideas there, think i might just go with the extra litre of pre-made washing water, with a micro fibre towel...

never know its November, it might just rain (the whole time)...;)

thanks people:):):):):):):):)

Or snow, it makes a good cleanser if you're brave enough

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Roll on deodorant, do you need to wash if its only two or three days? Just keep your hands clean and change your socks and pants.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE