Was it a frosty one where you are?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ganstey

Settler
Stunning morning here in Wiltshire. Must have been on the edge of a front, as to the east the sky was perfectly clear except for about 6 or 7 con-trail scars. Directly overhead was a band of that very high bubbly cloud (not cumulus, more like the ripples in the sand on the beach), and to the west some very high flat cloud. The colours were stupendous - tangerine, red, and lilac. The air was clean and clear, with a dry frost over everything.

Shame I have to sit in an air-conditioned office for the rest of the day:(

G

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
It is white up here in Durham. Beautiful. I though it was snow when I awoke, the bedroom had the kind of extra brightness you get from the reflection of snow, but it was a heavy frost.

Eric

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Yaxley (suffolok)got it too, 3rd or 4th we've had so far this year, yesterday's wasnt quite as severe. Got up with the bairns at about 6.15 to an even white crusting, though its sunny now as well. I love frosty weather, gives me a buzz as well. cant undesrtand the obsession with stripping off :confused: and hot weather, heat drives me nuts (especially humidity) :lmao:

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Lowestoft got it too. Quite cold at 5.30am. It's sunny,beautiful and cold at the moment. Took a few pics,

DSCN0112-1.jpg

DSCN0114-1.jpg

DSCN0115-2.jpg

I don't have a macro facility, but you can see all the ice crystals standing up on the deck of the dinghy.

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
Lovely frost here too. It was only a pity that I was distracted by my car having wierd electrical gremlins at the moment so I didn't get to enjoy it.

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Oh ... to ONLY have a little frost!

Here in the US in the upper midwest (Iowa), we have had 2 major ICE and snow storms in the last week! Last evening there were approximately 640,000 people without electrical power in souther Iowa! And lots more down in Missouri and over in Nebraska and Oklahoma. All that ICE on trees breaking branches off and knocking out the power lines.

Rah rah! Winter be here!

I've got around 6 inches of snow/ice at the moment - 3 of snow with 1 inch of ice on top, and then around 2 more inches of snow covering all that.

But it's still fun. I've been watching 3 bald eagles ... squabble ... over a road-kill deer carcass over by the creek down in my valley. And all the birds ar mobbing my feeder. Even the squirrels are digging through the snow/ice to get to the piles of walnuts I raked off of the lawn.

Yes, it's time to go hike out in the "woods" and camp. The snow/temps sure weed out the bozo's and jerks.

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy blacksmith out in the Hinterlands
- and dreaming of a "brown" Christmas - to melt all the ICE off of the gravel roads!

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Nice, Mike! At least you get proper winters, we only play at it over here!! I am just waiting for the news on TV now, declaring we are having Blizzards:eek: , when we really get 1/2" of slushy snow and a bit of wind!!! And then everyone will start skidding all over the place. Good ol'English weather:D Any chance of a couple of good pics of winter round your place? Pretty please?:)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Sounds nice at yours Mike....
No frost this morning in south east cornwall, but we had a frost yesterday...Tis damn cold out though, I am just repointing a house at the mo and its a cold job just standing there pushing mortar into the walls...Brrrrrrrr

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
real good heavy frost here in derby,beating today for my local shoot, easier now to get through the brambles with the frost killing them off, 3 o'clock could feel it coming down again,hope it continues as my allotments all dug over and mucked up ready for spring, and you can't beat some good frost to break up the soil and kill the bugs

Jembly/Sloth

Dec 6, 2007
Appledore, Kent
Yeah we had a first really nice frost - perfect for those who prefer a bit of a chill! It's stayed pretty much frozen all day actually which is nice and the ponds were still frozen (thinly) when I was wondering home around them at 3:00 pm.

Ah for a frost when beating, tis purely unbeatable. Unfortunatly last Saturday it blew a gale and rained like, Um, I dunno. Still fun though and I found a decent quantity of Jew's Ear.....

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Too right it was frosty outside...inside as well, SWMBO did'nt want to know me either.:sadwavey: :sadwavey: :sadwavey:

Boon

Oct 10, 2007
lincolnshire
was no frost where i work just outside sleaford (lincolnshire) +4 but then around 0400 the temp just droped and we had a really hard frost. i got up at around 14.00 and it still hadnt cleared also not a cloud in the sky so guess it will be a cold one tonight.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE