Warm gloves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slimshady

Tenderfoot
Oct 29, 2014
Oxfordshire
I brought my wife some Montane Prism gloves, super lightweight, loves them.
Brought my daughter Montane Prism guide gloves, warmer and better shell-fabric. Loves them more.
The issue is whether you need Hestra wool inners and thick leather mitten shell = no dexterity at all. Or heated gloves ?.

Alex.

Reactions: bonzodog

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hands really feel the cold of late, what’s good and what’s not please, thanks for any suggestions.
I picked up some ski gloves from Aldi for the current wife recently and she's well happy with them. She said her hands felt really warm as she was on her mobility scooter out walking the dogs

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Down hill ski gloves or some air force winter gloves, both types have served well. Hestras have been worth the price.

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
When the weather gets cold enough I resort to a trusty pair of 'gloves combat MkII' and when it is colder than that a pair of ski gloves I got from Aldi's some time back.

Watch-keeper

Life Member
Sep 3, 2013
London
What about mittens they are warmer because your fingers are all together.
Dachstein mitts they seem to do a decent job Buffalo mitts are pretty good too especially in crappy conditions.
Lots of the high end makers like Hestra make nice mittens with removeable inners for drying etc.
Come to think of it I can't remember the last time I used gloves on their own.

Reactions: nigelp

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
What about mittens they are warmer because your fingers are all together.
Well, yes but but they are also called no-can-do or work breaks. That is the reason why the trigger-finger and crab claw mittens exist.

But right you are, in extreme cold that is the way to go. I have used over mittens and inner gloves, works, though something of a nuisance.

Watch-keeper

Life Member
Sep 3, 2013
London
You can also buy mitts with a split in the palm that allows fingers out to work if you need that kind of dexterity. Also available are liner gloves that are quite thin and will let you operate a touch screen phone as well as adding insulation.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE