Warm day today :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I just went out for a break from the computer and chopped some wood, nightmare wood, gnarly oak rounds that thwart my splitting grenade...Anyway, hot, hot hot, I didn't last long I have to say, 34c out the back...

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I'm really struggling in the workshop today. Its only a small shed.... but its like a furnace in there. My head is close to the roof, and i bet its pushing 40ºc there. Most like summer and hot weather.... not me!! :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Taking a group of youth to the beach later, it's going to be warm there that's for sure but the lovely cool water....I'll probably complain it's too cold :D

HillBIll, take it easy in there mate, that's a hot place to be working in...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
29.8degC outside here just now, and it's not even nine o'clock yet.

I'll be indoors today I reckon. I got burned last week :sigh: and I'm not doing that again.

Lovely weather though, beautiful night once the midgies went away. They were rapacious earlier in the evening. We have flood warnings out too though; supposedly we might get thunderstorms later on in the afternoon today.

M

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Sounds like you have a similar forecast as us, a scorcher with possible thunder and hail stones

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I picked a great few days to work from home...
Building 3 servers and have two PC`s and a laptop running, in a room about 3x3 meters. Its shocking.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Pushing 40C in the sun here, 32 in the shade. Painting barns and its mad hot. Was out for a walk past night and a farmer mate called us into his veg store. 1 degree above freezing in there. Heaven!

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Yeah, hot here. Spent Monday into Tuesday Vomiting and on the Pan. Spent Tuesday into Wednesday in bed sweating profusely and vomiting, now it's 28 degrees and my clothes are sticking to me. I dont need to lose anymore fluids, trying to replace what i'm losing as i'm still struggling to hold anything down....Bug or food poisoning. :(

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Thundering and lightening here and raining cats n dogs right now, still 24c though feels very Mediterranean

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Yeah, hot here. Spent Monday into Tuesday Vomiting and on the Pan. Spent Tuesday into Wednesday in bed sweating profusely and vomiting, now it's 28 degrees and my clothes are sticking to me. I dont need to lose anymore fluids, trying to replace what i'm losing as i'm still struggling to hold anything down....Bug or food poisoning. :(

Crikey rubbish timing to be ill, well never good like. Dioralyte tastes evil but works wonders.

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
It went up to 33C here (near Bristol) today. I did laugh at one of the tabloid newspapers though, which on their front page proclaimed "Killer heat blasts Britain!"

The real problem is that England tends to swing from one extreme to the other quickly and by the time you've acclimatised to one extreme it swings back again.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
It went up to 33C here (near Bristol) today. I did laugh at one of the tabloid newspapers though, which on their front page proclaimed "Killer heat blasts Britain!"

The real problem is that England tends to swing from one extreme to the other quickly and by the time you've acclimatised to one extreme it swings back again.
Yeah a "Weather Bomb" will sort out the "Killer heat blast" in short order. pffft.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE