wanting machete+wild campspots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

willie

Forager
Sep 25, 2004
aberdeen,scotland
www.google.com
hey i was wondering if anybody knew any good makes of machete or any shops or websites that would sell quailty machete's . i am also wondering if anybody could recomend any forests or wild camp spots near or around aberdeen. :wink:

cheers

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
willie said:
its gonna be like an all-purpose knife if you know wot i mean :biggthump
I'm afraid that a machete wouldn't be that good for carving or other similar tasks. Chopping and splitting is the force of a machete. :wink: But a big knife, backed up by a small, is a good mix. :biggthump

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
willie said:
i get ur point but i have a small knife and was then recommended to get a machete
I see. Well, I've never tried a decent machete or golock style, so. :biggthump

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
If my maths is correct Willie then you cannot buy a machete (too young - sorry).
However if your parent/guardian will be buying one for you then please be more careful than a very careful thing. In the hands of a novice a parang/machete/golok is extremely dangerous.
I see your comment re a machete being used for almost anything. Haven't just been watching Mr Mears per chance? True a skilled user can do loads with one, a beginner could just as easy delimb themselves instead of their intended branch.

Sep 27, 2004
Aberdeen,Scotland
yea i know wot u mean but ive been using one for like 5 years when going camping wit my dad and i know how to use one and control one but thnx for looking out for me lol :p

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
A decent billhook will do all a machete can, along with most a knife or axe will do. A machete was designed for bushcraft in certain environments, a billhook is the all purpose bc tool for our (and to a skilled user every) environment.
Check out what woodlandorganics have to offer.
Cheers
David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE