Wanted! Today!! Wool long-johns...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Gang,I need a pair of wool ( or wool mix,no cotton!!)
long johns to be posted to me today or first thing tomoz!
I am leaving for the Arctic on Saturday on the BCUK trip and just can not find mine!
I will ring Kev at Endicotts this am. if I get chance but can't afford a new pair of Ulfrottes from Woodlore!
Anyone one got a pair to sell? 34-35 inch waist!??
Its a long shot but any help would be great!
My best.
Chris.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Cheers Rich!
Thanks Tom ( despite your exasperated face!!)
Poorly kid,busy at work,packed and weighed last night and can only find one pair!! ( need a pair to sleep in,got poly prop Hellys but they smell after a couple of days!
My best . Chris

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Chris what size are you?
Helly Hansen are one of my clients maybe i can let you have a set of their Merino wool HH Warm...
Where are you based? its down south west somewhere near me isn't it?

J

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Chris I'm doing a Post Office run tomorrow. If you don't get sorted today my youngest son has a brand new, still in the box, pair of Aldi's, black, 100% merino wool, longjohns. They were bought XL for length but they're fine around his 34" waist. I thought he might use them under his suit trousers going to work in the frozen weather we've been having, but he's never bothered.
I think they were about £15.

If you want them, let me know and I'll post them tomorrow with the rest of the parcels.

For the record, I bought myself a ladies pair of these as a spare and they surprised me by being very, very good as well as a bargain :D

cheers,
Toddy

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Thank you all SO much!
Mary,I am awaiting a PM from Jaysurfer,may I get back to you later this evening?
You Cats are great..Its been a rough week-end and I have come home to this!
Your kindness does you all credit.
Thanks.
C da C.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No worries :) If you need them I'm intending to head to the Post Office mid morning, so anytime before then would be fine.

Jaysurfer's sound like the better range though.

cheers,
M

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Chirs i have messaged you...
If i know what size you are and i have some in the office i will give you FOC some HH thermals for the trip.
All we need to do is arrange for you to get hold of them.

J

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Just checked and I can let you have a set bottom and top in Large...
Considering the company is norweigan Large is Large!!!
I think with them being marino wool it's about £100 RRP for the pair...

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
You should ring John Smedley at Lea Bridge in Derbyshire. ( Near Cromford) They make Merino wool products and at the present they have underwear ( Long Johns, Boxer Shorts and vests0 and at the moment there is some going for £8 a piece. This is normally £40. I just purchased some vests and long Johns. Smedley only use merino wool from NZ.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE