Wanted: Police approved 1-2 shotgnu cabinet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I'm looking to buy a cheap (up to £60) cabinet. I would like to pick up to keep costs down so would prefer somewhere in the north west but am open to suggestions.

I already have me eye on ebay but if you can help out then give me a shout.

Thanks,

UKdave

Forager
Mar 9, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Have you rang around your local gun shops? They would be the first place to try and if they have a notice board i would put an ad on their>

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I suspect the 4 gnu models are more common on the used market - if you have the space, I would recommend a 4 gnu or bigger.

When I bought a shotgnu, I figured a plain vanilla 12 bore would be all I'd ever need.

Then I was given a 410 that my son uses.

Then I took up deer stalking, and added a .270 rifle.

Then I was asked to help out with the wascally wabbits, and added a .22 rimfire.

Now the cabinet is full, and no room for the air rifle.

On top of this, you will have a 'safe' and every time you go on holiday, you'll be expected to lock up the wifes jewellery, spare chequebook, etc in it.

Just get a big one.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I agree on size - I have a 6 gun and a 3 gun and an ammo safe - I wish I'd bitten the bullet (sorry) and bought a larger one to start with (an 8 gun model is good but get a 6 minimum as you don't want to shoe horn them in). Oh, and go for extra deep models if you ever want to put a scoped rifle in them.

And John - I'm too young to remember that tea advert.......doh :eek:

Red

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oh dear - it was a comic song before the advert......
I love the idea of the Police not the RSPCA being responsible for giving large wild animals an aproved government though, even if the number in the inner circle is small.
but then I am Gnu to all this.
Willy Wilderbeast for Prime Minister!
Stop me NOW!
(Wanders off the take medication.....)

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Bigger is better, you realise thatthe first time you catch a stock or scope on a lock or sharp edge :(

I have 1 x 9 gun and 3 x 4 gun cabinets along with a large ammo safe and im looking for another safe now.
Deep is the way to go, i have 1 of the 4 gun cabinets tied up with 1 target rifle because of the deep stock and large scope.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Bigger is better, you realise thatthe first time you catch a stock or scope on a lock or sharp edge :(

I have 1 x 9 gun and 3 x 4 gun cabinets along with a large ammo safe and im looking for another safe now.
Deep is the way to go, i have 1 of the 4 gun cabinets tied up with 1 target rifle because of the deep stock and large scope.

Ok, thanks RB.

Mar 21, 2006
Isle of Wight
What a pain. I am upgrading my cabinet due to an ever expanding selection of toys and would have been able to let you have mine (4/5 cabinet) for £20, but I read the bit about "preferring North-West". Well, the offer is there if you want it. Not sure what we can do about getting it to you though!!! Any ideas??

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
That would be ideal IF so long as it's police approved, as you say, it's the shipping

I'm not sure how the IoW is classed with this regard but I think mainland we would be looking at around £25 but not sure about there.

I will make some enquiries if you can let me know the dimensions and approx weight.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE