Wanted: LK 70 bergen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've just seen one of these first hand which has me wanting one even more! I have seen there is a medics version on ebay at the moment, but I want the LK 70 with the full bag on the large frame. I have an LK 35 already, but want the larger bag for use in the winter.

I have tried getting hold of one from a website, but I emailed them over a week ago to see what the postage costs are and haven't had a reply as of yet.

I know there was a group buy on these a while ago, and if anyone has a LK 70 lyeing about that they are not using and want to get rid of, I'll take it off your hands!! All I ask is that it is in an unmodified original condition, in as new a state as possible. Please PM me!

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
spamel said:
Over 50 views and no takers yet? I was hoping somebody would have one lyeing around that they wanted to flog, and would have PM'd me by now. :(

LK70 is available from www.surplus.se. Here is a direct link to the article. Shipping is expensive though. Cheaper ones available if you can stand issued gear.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Ridge Runner said:
I have also wanted to buy a Swedish LK 70 pack. I love my 35L Swedish pack and I also like the Medic Pack.

I can not find the LK 70 anywhere at a reasonable price.

I love my 35L pack and have made several ubgrades to it.

There is some used ones available for 250 SEK (roughly 35 USD). But the problem as usual is the shipping.. In your case, it's probably more than for the rucksack.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
bilko said:
Ray mears uses one of these new ones on The real heroes of telemark.
I think

I thought he used norrøna external frame rucksacks? Haven't seen the telemark thing, but the ones I've seen featured RM with the aforementioned.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
I was going to post requesting an LK70 too :) Well perhaps if there are enough of us we can investigate a group buy or something if there are none available?

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
You might be right big swede, it was the square pocket on the top that made me think.
Also i would get 1 or possibly 2 LK 70's if there was a group buy as i am so impressed with my 35. :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've spoke to the people at the contact Big Swede gave me and they don't have any in. They say to try again next year. The link in this thread I didn't get a reply from when I emailed them. I will definitely be in for a group buy, although I'm not sure now how to go about this as the site is in a language I do not speak and the translators don't get all of the site translated.

We need somebody who can speak the lingo!!

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
spamel said:
...We need somebody who can speak the lingo!!

Yep, we could definitely do with some help from our Swedish speaking members.

I’ve run into the language problem myself so many times when trying to buy kit from Scandinavian sites. I even found a site that was offering Army skies (That I decided I couldn’t live without – never skied in my life! <chuckle>), but ran into the same old language problems. It’s the Checkout page that always makes me nervous, I’m never quite sure what options I’m choosing etc.

This is a URL given to me some time ago by Johan of Nordicbushcraft, it’s a Swedish version of eBay, and the site has a translation facility. It might help, as there is Swedish Army surplus available on there from time to time.

http://www.tradera.com/service/eng/index.aspx

I am even giving serious consideration to buying a few Swedish/Norwegian to English dictionaries and/or doing a CD based language course or two.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
spamel said:
I've spoke to the people at the contact Big Swede gave me and they don't have any in. They say to try again next year. The link in this thread I didn't get a reply from when I emailed them. I will definitely be in for a group buy, although I'm not sure now how to go about this as the site is in a language I do not speak and the translators don't get all of the site translated.

We need somebody who can speak the lingo!!
OK, I was in contact with them quite a bit a while ago about the LK70. Not sure what contact detail you had Spamel but the guy I contacted who replied in great English was Jan-Erik, nice and helpful guy and the email I used then was order@surplus.se . The company is Active Life Equipment. If you want to try that.

They basically picked up the bulk of the Sweidish Army kit including the newer LK70's in the last bid from the army back in 2005.

From memory the issue was shipping cost and also that they didn't have a facility to take credit card payment. I think this was sorted before by Bumblebee has he had a bank account over there.

If they don't have any stock then it could be tough finding them. Maybe Johan has an idea?

With the kind offer of help with language etc hopefully we can find a way ;)

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
big_swede said:
...(darth vader voice+breathing)

Love it! :lmao:

With Christmas coming up, and other obligations, I need to hold off with the spending for a while, I'll PM you some time in the new year if that's OK?

Best regards,
Paul.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE