Wanted: Kydex sheath for Mora.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hey all,

Anybody out there that can knock me up a black keydex sheather for a mora?

I want it so that I can carry it horizontally across the small of my back (on my belt that is) and ideally with a firesteel holder on it too. Basicall the same setup I have for my Alan Blade packpal but for a mora.

If anybody can do this then please pm me to discuss costs/payment etc.

Many thanks,

Bam. :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hi Bam,

If you get no anwers, I know a guy in the US who makes Kydex sheaths for all sorts of knives (including Moras) with all sorts of carry positions, teklok (sp?) clips and all the clever dohickies. I'm certain he could sort you out no problem. Clearly theres the whole postage thing to consider but Kydex doesn't weigh much.

I'm sure you'd rather talk to someone local but if you get no joy, drop me a PM bud

Red

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Alan made a few for the Mora's and they looked great, might be worth a wanted post over on BB, few guys over there are geared up for it.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
bambodoggy said:
Hey all,

Anybody out there that can knock me up a black keydex sheather for a mora?

I want it so that I can carry it horizontally across the small of my back (on my belt that is) and ideally with a firesteel holder on it too. Basicall the same setup I have for my Alan Blade packpal but for a mora.

If anybody can do this then please pm me to discuss costs/payment etc.

Many thanks,

Hi Bam

This is just out of interest, not a sarcastic comment,
Why do you carry a knife horizontally on your back, is it for concealment or comfort or just to keep it out of the way when driving or working?

Just wondering!!:)

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Greg said:
Hi Bam

This is just out of interest, not a sarcastic comment,
Why do you carry a knife horizontally on your back, is it for concealment or comfort or just to keep it out of the way when driving or working?

Just wondering!!:)

Bingo.... you just answered your own question :) It's for work so it's out of the way, inconspicuous while sheathed and mainly out of the way while jumping in and out of trucks and the like.
It also means that while tree climbing I have a good knife available that doesn't interfear with the straps and buckles on my harness nor impead my leg movements while climbing as the rigid leg mounted original sheath can do. Although the original sheath is great for sending a lighter and a ciggy aloft if it's a big tree and I don't want to come down lol :lmao:

I also like that set up with my packpal as I find I can sleep with it on if I fancy an afternoon nap after lunch and it doesn't dig in :lmao:

Thanks Rapidboy and Red, I'll try over on BB first and if not then I'll take you up on your offer Red.

Many thanks,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE