Wanted: Jungle Sleeping Bag or equivalent.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello Folks,
I'm after a Jungle sleeping bag or an ultra lightweight expedition bag.
I'm doing the TGO Challenge next year so it needs to compact down small and be no more than about 700-800grams.
Thanks

scallywag

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 22, 2008
Europe
Jungle Bag is great - weights about 750 g, has a mosquito net and anti-bacterial treatmert plus it's squarefoot - my friend borrowed me this model on several occasions. couldn't buy myself, i have two other snugpak's sleepning bags and SOME say it would be a crime to buy one more.

If you are more into mummy-shape there's Travelpak Lite - alleged to be lighter: 700 g (probably coz of the shape) otherwise same thermal parameters, same compresion, same materials used - this one I haven't touched so I don't know for sure how good it is.

Dave_the_Pilgrim

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2009
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
What sort of temps are these jungle bags good down to ? 5 or 10 degrees ?? Will a bivvi bag get you a little lower ? Say an extra 5 degrees ?
Are they cotton lined ? I've never seen one close up but have often thougth about getting one off ebay. They're around £20 or so I think.

Cheers,
Dave

scallywag

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 22, 2008
Europe
What sort of temps are these jungle bags good down to ? 5 or 10 degrees ?? Will a bivvi bag get you a little lower ? Say an extra 5 degrees ?
Are they cotton lined ? I've never seen one close up but have often thougth about getting one off ebay. They're around £20 or so I think.

Cheers,
Dave

I can try and get some photos for you but they definately are not cotton lined.

http://www.snugpak.com/index.php?MenuID=160-101&ItemID=71 - have a look at the official site for the description.

Dec 16, 2007
I have a snugpak jungle bag and it is the nuts in the summer. Nice a roomy for when in the hammock and put it over the kestral 6 and you got another season.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE