WANTED Cardamons and cloves.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Of course I have loads at home, dont I?

However, I only need a few of each...Can anyone spare some?

Ill cover postage or you can have a pair of leather bootlaces if you like.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
would the postage not be more expensive and more hassle than going to the market and buying some surely????????????

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Umm, Gill, For a start to use up a jar at my current rate would be about a decade, and I have limited storage.

Thanks Cranmere.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hells teeth - you owe me a recipe or that!

I am making vanilla essence since I am tired o being ripped off buying it!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I managed to get hold of some untainted pure alcohol :D The safe stuff meant for tinctures.....hadn't thought of vanilla essence :D

Tengu ? I have a stash of little screw top plastic tube things (sterile, meant for labs) if you like we could quickly make up a herb/spice pack for you ? and you could freshly refill them when you're back home before the next term ?
I use the tubes for the same things when camping.

M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I managed to get hold of some untainted pure alcohol :D The safe stuff meant for tinctures.....hadn't thought of vanilla essence :D

M

Don't waste it Mary. High proof vodka is fine. 20 good quality vanilla pods (split lengthwise) per 70cl of 40% ethanol. Infuse for 8 weeks then strain. Means I should get 100ml of good tincture for about £2.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have a stash of bourbon vanilla pods.....and they could go a very good end :)

I know I'd never use that much vanilla essence though; I spear some through the sugar in the caster sugar jar for baking, and I infuse some when necessary, but the essence only really gets used in biscuits where I don't want to add much liquid.
I don't like ice cream, though I do like fruit sorbets :D but I don't fancy vanilla in those.

Has to be worth trying to make though :D

M

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
<Sighs> Do you want me to give you the recipe `before` I try it?????

And my experiments in non Elder berry Pontack sauce? (Pontack sauce is nice, but boy, is it a bit strong for most folk.)

Im tempted to try my own vanilla essence. Would gin do?

Thanks for the offer, Toddy, Space is tight these days...And Im trying to get out of my extravagant ways.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE