Wanted BOW

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Caleb

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2005
peterborough
Hi all

I have just taken up archery and am looking for a bow. I seems a few people on these thread are also in to this and I was hoping someone may have some bits that they no longer need.

I have just found I can use either left or right handed bows so anything would be great.
Looking for a compound really but a 70in recurve witha 30in draw would also be great.

i have a few bits a bobs to swap or cash

Thansk for looking:)

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Ahhhh..the dark side is amoungst us! :p

I'm in the same boat as yourself, but am looking at longbows personally. Good luck with your hunt.

Are you after an english or american longbow? I have a fiberglass american longbow (sometimes known as an American flat bow over here) that is surplus to requirements.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Ahhhh..the dark side is amoungst us! :p

I'm in the same boat as yourself, but am looking at longbows personally. Good luck with your hunt.

Know what you mean about the dark side...

Andy, there is enough info out there, and on here for that matter, so get whittling...;)

firesteel.jpg

combatblade1

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 1, 2007
"I won't have a Spydi"
I have a compound bow its a barnett safari it needs a good clean and although it has a string it hasnt been used for a while and it may need replaced you can have it if you want it for free, i live in northern ireland so would have to post it to you not sure what the cost would be.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Remaining off topic,
Stovie - I have some trees like the one behind you - where garden fires have remained small and controlled throughout their lives:eek:

Andyn - are you shooting with Old Basing Archers? I used to shoot longbow with them a good few years ago. If you're going to the summer moot, I have a longbow that you are welcome to borrow (was a birthday pressie so I'd better not give it away). Keep it for a few seasons and see how you get on, I can't see myself getting the time for a few years at least. What draw weight and length are you pulling?

ATB

Ogri the trog

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Remaining off topic,
Stovie - I have some trees like the one behind you - where garden fires have remained small and controlled throughout their lives:eek:

Andyn - are you shooting with Old Basing Archers? I used to shoot longbow with them a good few years ago. If you're going to the summer moot, I have a longbow that you are welcome to borrow (was a birthday pressie so I'd better not give it away). Keep it for a few seasons and see how you get on, I can't see myself getting the time for a few years at least. What draw weight and length are you pulling?

ATB

Ogri the trog

Hiya mate,

Yeah I did a brief course with them recently, but I don't think target archery was quite up my street so i'm going to hopefully be joining in with the fleet ibex field archery guys, visiting them with Moduser in July.

Unfortunately I can't make the summer moot as its my stag weekend, although we wont be too far away in Pembrokeshire ourselves. But thank you for the offer. :You_Rock_

I'm not entirely sure yet what weight im drawing..but on the recurves i was training on, I had a 31" pull :eek: :rolleyes: and they were 22# at 26" i think.
Had a play with a couple of weekend warrior's american flatbows. One a 35# the other 40# and they were ok.

p.s Apologies Caleb for hijacking the thread a little :eek:

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hi Andy (and continued apologies to Caleb)
I tried Field Archery once - but I lost too many arrows, it got expensive.
Congrats on the coming wedding, I hope the stag do goes well.
My bows are around the 60 - 65lb at 28" and I overdraw them by about 4":eek:

OK buddy, no worries.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Caleb

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2005
peterborough
Pm sent to combatblade1.
thanks for all the coments.
No up to making a bow as am still trying to finish the knife I started in Jan

D

davesurvivor

sorry to go off subject a bit ,but does any 1 know where in uk i can buy a string for a wildcat 3 crossbow??ebay doesnt allow crossbow sales so not many supplieres of strings n stuff 4 crossbows

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
to go off subject a bit ,but does any 1 know where in uk i can buy a string for a wildcat 3 crossbow??ebay doesnt allow crossbow sales so not many supplieres of strings n stuff 4 crossbows

I bought a bow off British Red last year and the strings are unavailable in the UK, so I had a couple made.

Try www.bromsports.co.uk and let them know the spec for the string you need, and they will do their utmost to have one made for you.

LS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE