Wanted: Beginners Open Canoe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hi guys,

I'm after getting myself an open canoe, I'm a novice and only want to spend about £250 - £300.
If anyone has one for sale or knows a good website it would be much appreciated.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'd keep an eye on SOTP aswell Greg, you won't get a lightweight speed machine for that kind of money but you will get something to get you started.

Has Mr Fenna got any contacts he could try for you ?

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Greg you can get a new one from Costco fit for starting for that from Costco (i have a card bud) but you might want something you can grow into. Someone on here was recently selling a OT scout which is what i have and Johns got one too, a good boat if he still has it for sale

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Greg you can get a new one from Costco fit for starting for that from Costco (i have a card bud) but you might want something you can grow into. Someone on here was recently selling a OT scout which is what i have and Johns got one too, a good boat if he still has it for sale

Cheers for the info mate, I am going to speak to John the next time I see him.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Another vote for Stu at Apache.

Register at SOTP and £210 for the bare hull and £120 for the woodwork in Ash. That includes gunnels,decks,handles,yoke and seats.

£330 plus a little bit of work for a brand new canoe.

See http://www.apache-canoes.co.uk/paddles/ for build instructions

GS

I'm seriously tempted to get one of Stu's for a second boat

SWMBO started showing an interest after I bought my Pack :banghead:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi

Try H2Okayaks based in Norfolk, they start at about £350 new and the paddles etc are all at reasonabl prices.

Like it has been said before, light gear costs money but to start off as a novice the boats are bomb proof.

Best advice is join a local club, they will let you try plenty before you buy and stop any bad habits develope in your skills

regards

D:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE