Wanted a Left handed non locking pen knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

allrightscud

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2013
Central Belt, Scotland
Hi

I'm looking for a left handed non lock pen knife with a single blade. Its for my brother who has to be left handed as he can't use his right hand very well. It needs to be single blade and non locking as he finds it very difficult to un lock lock knives. I found him a lovely brass pen knife called the "left hander" years ago but he's needing a new one and I can't find anything which fits his needs. Do you guys know where I could look. The nearest thing I've found is a left handed swiss army but it has so many blades it would defeat the purpose for him to open and operate simply.

Sep 11, 2014
Maidstone, KENT
Liner locks, frame locks, the compression lock on Spydercos PM2, these tend to be 'handed'

Slip-joints are usually ambidextrous ?

I'm struggling to think of a right-handed pen-knife !

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You could have a look at a left handed pruning knife. LINK I have a pal who has one and he likes it and uses it as a EDK.

allrightscud

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2013
Central Belt, Scotland
Yes most pen knives have the notch on the side which allows you to open it, held in the left hand and using your thumb from the right. The others you mentioned are a bit too contemporary and 1 handed opening is just as difficult for him. He has cerebral palsy. So things can be a struggle for his hands, especially being naturally right handed and having to use your left instead. Of cousre I could take a standard knife and cut a nail slit on the other side with a dremel but I was looking for somthing a bit less home made and specific to a left hander whos struggled with right handed pen knives all his life. I did have a look at the Syderco and its not what I'm looking for. Just looking for a tradional lambs foot type pen knife with left handed opening.

The pruning knife looks closer to what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE