Walnut Buzzard

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
A Buzzard ready to fly the nest!
VG10 steel hardened to 56~57HRC (massive thanks to my local uni engineering department for letting me use their induction kilns, and showing me how!) brass hardware and a nice high scandi grind. Vulcanised black fiber liners and English walnut scales oiled with teak oil. Good general purpose camping and bushcraft knife, designed for cold wet hands!

Now sold

6f41ba50c90473e64e4f629c5c7acaad.jpg

1423af2d07ef84236cd327454700c6a3.jpg

NB. Tang is predrilled for a lanyard hole if required

PayPal, bank transfer, bag of loose copper etc accepted :)
Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Looks like a serious heavy duty knife that Mick, cracking price

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Looks like a serious heavy duty knife that Mick, cracking price
Cheers Bod :) aye they're a fairly sturdy lump, as for price so long as I cover materials I'm happy I'm not too fussed about making a profit

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Mate, I can't see what price you let it go at, but as I said before these are beautiful knives.
Mine is still razor sharp, not even a strop yet...

The stock walnut is beautiful , I might have to commission a little Kestrel to keep my Buzzard company.... ;)

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Mate, I can't see what price you let it go at, but as I said before these are beautiful knives.
Mine is still razor sharp, not even a strop yet...

The stock walnut is beautiful , I might have to commission a little Kestrel to keep my Buzzard company.... ;)
It went for 40, my knives usually fall around that mark :) amazing to hear yours is treating you well mate :) if you fancy a kestrel to go with it drop me a pm I can even source matching scales for you :)

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
£40 is not a bargain Mick it's a steal!
They re not just nice to look at , they feel perfect in the hand and the steel is top notch!

I'm pretty sure you're just about covering the materials cost.
You obviously love making these , and it shows...

As for the Kestrel , I will drop a pm when funds permit and I can sweeten swmbo and explain why I need yet another knife...
I will let you know when bud .

I like the walnut , the Kestrel will be a dark one me thinks ...
Anyways, well done Sir, another excellent job!
Regards

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
£40 is not a bargain Mick it's a steal!
They re not just nice to look at , they feel perfect in the hand and the steel is top notch!

I'm pretty sure you're just about covering the materials cost.
You obviously love making these , and it shows...

As for the Kestrel , I will drop a pm when funds permit and I can sweeten swmbo and explain why I need yet another knife...
I will let you know when bud .

I like the walnut , the Kestrel will be a dark one me thinks ...
Anyways, well done Sir, another excellent job!
Regards

Very kind of you to say so mate :D

As I say its a labour of love not a money making thing so as long as my materials and postage are covered in happy. And if I get a cheeky pint with any change its a bonus!

Not a bother mate any time you fancy one let me know and we can discuss wood then :)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Mick, that is a mighty fine knife.. a lot of work must of gone into that.

You know me though, so I'm going to say it... you're selling yourself a bit short for the skill you have obviously worked hard to develop and for the amazing work you are now producing. Without meaning to sound presumptuous (whilst at the same time actually being presumptuous), its your business, your skill... but the only way to grow really is to make a reasonable profit for your efforts. £40 doesn't equal much profit, and while you may view it as a labour of love... better machinery and other tools are not free, nor is rent and electricity.

Sorry for being forward... but as I say, you know me. Can't keep my opinion to myself can I? ;)

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Mick, that is a mighty fine knife.. a lot of work must of gone into that.

You know me though, so I'm going to say it... you're selling yourself a bit short for the skill you have obviously worked hard to develop and for the amazing work you are now producing. Without meaning to sound presumptuous (whilst at the same time actually being presumptuous), its your business, your skill... but the only way to grow really is to make a reasonable profit for your efforts. £40 doesn't equal much profit, and while you may view it as a labour of love... better machinery and other tools are not free, nor is rent and electricity.

Sorry for being forward... but as I say, you know me. Can't keep my opinion to myself can I? ;)

Cheers Dewi :)

I get what you mean, but hey it means more people are using stuff I made and I love that thought, plus it means a couple of hours of pipe smoking and tea drinking and that's reward in itself! Handmade and high quality doesn't always come with a hefty price tag :) although to be fair the fact the wood was donated by a mate was reflected in that price too. Made from an old cracked gunstock!

Dewi you say that we wouldn't have you any other way mate haha. And I'm very much taking it as a compliment saying they're worth more haha so cheers :)
Saying that I get you on the better tooling. Upgrading to a belt grinder instead of files and sandpaper has made a better job of it I think

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE