Walks in the woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
Yesterday, gorgeous day, mate tried to jump murky stream....failed...fell backwards....i laughed :icon_lol: .
Mate also lost digital camera :arg: ....stopped laughing as he made me walk the same 2km 3times looking for it :sigh: never found digital camera....so if your walkin in Gibb Tor woods and fnd a camera please contact me....

Saw a fox which promptly laffed at the vast noise i made as i battled threw thick conifers and then ran away.....
So all in all a great day :biggthump

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
On Sunday popped into a small woodland area to see what I could find. Found an infected Birch tree that decided to 'bleed' on me, got scared out of my wits when a massive dog came ran right out in front of me. Got a pile of wood and didn't find any Crampball which I set out for in the first place. :sulkoff:

Oh well, going to a much bigger woods this weekend so i'll tell you how that goes.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Just back from a bit of badger spotting in the hissing rain,badgers not playing either.Took my mother and her friend along as they have never seen them when out and about,felt a right prat after taking them in the rain,sitting for 3 and a bit hours and no show from the badgers :sad2: oh well theres all ways the next time.

I,m just starting to get the feeling back in my posterior.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
When for a walking in the woods in front of the house the other night. Walked down to the stream and saw fish - the first in 5 years! The stream now looks and smell a lot cleaner.

Also where the stream meets the River Aire a pair of Kingfishers.

Must go and look for the badgers one night.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I went for walk in the woods late last night. took the wife and had a brew trying to identify various stars. great spot listening to the owls and other nights sounds.

we were walking back to the car park along a gravel path and i spotted a large collection of glo worms. brilliant. First i have seen in Sussex. Made a great end to a magical evening.

Douglas

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2004
Switzerland
On thursday evening I got bored and decided to go for a walk in one of the nearby woods, hoping to get back after dark, to test my new headlamp :) (Petzl Zipka plus).

One of the first things I spotted was a stub with crampballs growing on it. Well I think they were cramp balls, smooth black balls with a brownish-red spongy inside, that absorbed alot of water. But there was a yellow thing growing over half of the stuff, it was really strange, bright yellow outside but the inside was the same...does anybody know what that could be? Some sort of mold? Anyway it's the first time I find crampballs. I also find a giant false tinder fungus. I didn't take anything back though, as everything was soaked (it was raining) and I had nothing but my pockets to carry it in. I might go back another day to get some (if the yellow stuff isn't bad ^_^)

It doesn't get dark before late though, so I couldn't try the headlight much (appart from lighting up the cramp balls since the forest was a bit too dark to see them well).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE