Cat in the bag.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Blackie had to go to the vets.

So, now my holdall....smells a bit.

Its canvas and leather.

How do I de scent it?

(You will be glad to know he is better now).

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Sprinkle with bicarb, leave for a while, then make up a lemon juice and bicarb mix, give it a good swoosh and wipe down. Leave to dry. Result, a sweet smelling bag.
Or a wipe out with nicely scented fabric conditioner.
If it's notplastic, a short, gentle wash in the washing machine, or if it is, a wash in the machine, much as you might do for trainers might be OK.

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The vets sell a spray, but it'll cost a lot, that takes away the smell. P-off or something like that.

Absorbant cat litter might be a much cheaper alternative.
I'd try scrubbing with biological washing liquid in some hot water, with a rag, first though.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bag of cheap cat litter, the absorbent white clay type. That'll soak up everything. Pretty sure the poundstores had it.

Annie's suggestion about the bicarb is sound too though.

Watch-keeper

Life Member
Sep 3, 2013
London
I agree with Toddy, turn it inside out and leave it outside for a while and let the wind get to for a couple of days before you start using anything on it.

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
There is Febreze of course but if you want to go down a more DIY route, leaving (Real) coffee dregs on a little plate or a bowl of milk with some bread soaked in it works to deodorize fridges, so if none of the above work...................................

Reactions: Toddy

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Havent tried it yet.

But I am glad to report my jumper (Bath Rugby club) is inhabitable again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE