Walking stick and simple candle sticks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
A few weeks ago I managed to pick up some freshly cut wood from the local farmer and was t quite sure what to do with it. I am also unsure as to what wood it was.

I decided to use half of it to make SWMBO a walking stick for when we are out walking/hiking.

I first set out cutting it to length and then removing the bark. Once done I left it to dry and cure for the past 4 weeks or so.

I got a lovely piece of antler of Tengu and decided to use this as the hand as it fits the hand well so I set about drilling the wood and the antler to allow me to fix a rod and expoxy into place. After and final sand and varnish this is how it stands.

bcde92b1-cbeb-d636.jpg

I also decided to make some small candle holders for my sisters birthday carved with her and my brother in laws name.

The same process applied with cutting, stripping and then curing the wood. I then spade drilled the orifice for the candles to sit in and set about carving the names using an old knife. A coat of dealing agent and this is how they look also.

bcde92b1-cc7e-27c2.jpg

Now before it's said I know one of the candle appears to be on an angle. That's because I didn't push it in far enough before taking the photo.

All in all a good simple use for some wood that would have been otherwise left to rot in a field.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
nice stick and candle-holders, but what is in a coat of "dealing agent" tell me you haven't been taking clothing from drug-runners:p

My apologies. It should have said 'sealing agent' which in this case was an oil based brush on product.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE