VIKINGS Season 2

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Season two started last night, just watched the first episode..... its good, very good.

[video=youtube;fXOej9DUHJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXOej9DUHJ4[/video]

Video is a bit gory.

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
Its good. Looks like they have really gone out of the way to make it as authentic as possible. Liked the way they dealt with the language barrier when the vikings met the saxons. They dont skimp of the realistic fights too.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

kaiAnderson

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2013
Liverpool
I definitely would so so, if for nowt else than for katherin winnick!

its just so unique, a show based a thousand years ago about a culture that has never been done in a show before, and being of Danish descent I enjoy it for that too.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Its been a good year for quality TV shows and most are returning new this year; The Blacklist, Hannibal, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Call the Midwife, Line of Duty, The Walking Dead and True Detective.

[video=youtube;-aaNSQ_s8NM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aaNSQ_s8NM[/video]

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
really loved season one, it seems the creators of this show really did care about a more realistic historical drama, rather than elves and wizards, looking forward to watching season two :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Haven't seen any of S2 yet, though loved S1. As said seems pretty accurate and a rollickin' good story too. (Makes the Norwegian blood pump harder in my veins it does!)
The sets and boats must've set them back a bit as there doesn't seem to be much CGI which is always nice. (And like others here the kit (swords, axes, seax and the likes make me drool).
All round good fun which I may have to re-watch tonight!
GB.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The main character is Australian and did a great interview (its on youtube somewhere) and to hear his auzzie twang is almost funny, seems to be a nice fella. When asked how he felt about having hair extensions and he said something like "I cried like a little girl too" lol. They come across as a nice cast and crew

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Watched episodes 1&2 of season 2 the other night. Very good, really enjoyed it. Some nice plot twists and the filming is very good. A rollicking good watch.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The only moan I have is that the good stuff the brits are involved in are often short on episodes per season. Look at the popular American shows like NCIS, The Blacklist (a favourite of mine) etc and they often run to twenty or more episodes per season and ours run for half that or less. 'We', the BBC et al produce some fine programmes but in terms of quality, run time and continuity the Americans are in the lead IMHO; Vikings is only ten episodes when really fifteen or so a year would be good. Perhaps some British/Euro 'lovies' don't like the commitment of a long series? Genevieve Bujold was originally cast as Captain Janeway on Star Trek Voyager but only lasted a couple of days filming when she realised how big the commitment to the show was in reality and walked. That said other brits like Sir Patrick Stewart worked long and hard in the States and as he said, the work was long and hard but the pay was very good which gave him the financial independence to be able to work on what he wanted afterwards and not worry so much about his pay packet on a new project. Andrew Lincoln must be earning above minimum wage working on The Walking Dead lol

More episodes per season please :)
[h=1][/h]

Last edited:

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
The main character is Australian and did a great interview (its on youtube somewhere) and to hear his auzzie twang is almost funny, seems to be a nice fella. When asked how he felt about having hair extensions and he said something like "I cried like a little girl too" lol. They come across as a nice cast and crew

Here you go Rik.:)

[video=youtube;Kg1ln-rWVsk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg1ln-rWVsk[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE