Victorinox Outrider_opening the slide-lock scale and a mod

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
a leather man doesn't make the locking blade EDC because its attached to a pair of pliers)

Sorry for the thread hijack here, nice addition by the way, going to have to think of adding something like that pin to my own EDC. Sweet little story about the sparrow. Nice one, thanks for sharing that.

Anyway geting back to FGYT's comment. Sorry to pull it out of context there, but are you saying this law of it being ilegal to carry a locking blade on the streets of the UK applies to all knives EXCEPT leatherman type multitools because the locking 3"+ blade is connected to pliers?

Which means I can carry my leatherman Supertool about with me in my belt pouch when in the UK without fear of confiscation or possible prosectution. Yes?

Sorry for the thread hijack here, nice addition by the way, going to have to think of adding something like that pin to my own EDC. Sweet little story about the sparrow. Nice one, thanks for sharing that.

Anyway geting back to FGYT's comment. Sorry to pull it out of context there, but are you saying this law of it being ilegal to carry a locking blade on the streets of the UK applies to all knives EXCEPT leatherman type multitools because the locking 3"+ blade is connected to pliers?

Which means I can carry my leatherman Supertool about with me in my belt pouch when in the UK without fear of confiscation or possible prosectution. Yes?

no i was stating the opposite the locking blade ISNT EDC because its attatched to a pair of pliers that you can carry

Biker

no i was stating the opposite the locking blade ISNT EDC because its attatched to a pair of pliers that you can carry

OK Maybe I'm just being blonde here so forgive me for being so pedantic.

Me walking down the streets in the UK leatherman Supertool on my belt.

PC Plod: "E'llo (x3) wot's all dis den? Carrying a locking blade over 3 inches long in public? You're nicked!"

Me: "Sorry officer, but the law strictly says this isn't a locking knife, but actually a pait of pliers therefore you cannot deprive me of it by confiscation or me of my liberty for carrying a so called weapon."

So in other words a Leatherman supertool and all it's variations is excempt from this 3inch locking blade law. Yes or no?

OK Maybe I'm just being blonde here so forgive me for being so pedantic.

Me walking down the streets in the UK leatherman Supertool on my belt.

PC Plod: "E'llo (x3) wot's all dis den? Carrying a locking blade over 3 inches long in public? You're nicked!"

Me: "Sorry officer, but the law strictly says this isn't a locking knife, but actually a pait of pliers therefore you cannot deprive me of it by confiscation or me of my liberty for carrying a so called weapon."

So in other words a Leatherman supertool and all it's variations is excempt from this 3inch locking blade law. Yes or no?

the only exemption for EDC ie no reason needed IS a Folding pocket knife with a cutting edge of less than 76mm (and non locking)

technically a sharpened pencil cannot be carried in public with out a good reason as its a sharply pointed artical and there is no mention of an exemption for pencils

you can carry a blunt one and a folding pocket knife tho

to answer directly NO a leatherman tool with a locking blade needs a specific reason

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
It a very simple law, s139 states CUTTING EDGE OF LESS THAN 3", NON LOCKING, FOLDING BLADE im sorry for the shouting but there is absolutely no grey area, irrespective of what the blade is attached to FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC, there are special dispensations which can be obtained from your friendly chief of police for police, fire and ambulance, but these arnt always granted even for them, they still have to have a valid reason for there areas force to be granted permission to carry a tool(knife or multi) than isnt sub 3",nonlocking, folding blade,

Great mod Alfredo, I like that alot!

Biker

It a very simple law, s139 states CUTTING EDGE OF LESS THAN 3", NON LOCKING, FOLDING BLADE im sorry for the shouting but there is absolutely no grey area, irrespective of what the blade is attached to

Thanks FGYT and Southey, no need to apologise for shouting, it's just as I suspected and understood that law to be. It would seem daft to excempt a sharpened 80mm locking blade simply becasue it was attached to a pair of pliers.

Thanks for the clarification. Just need a damned good reason now to carry my penknife. I feel lamost naked without it.

Anyway back to the theme of this thread which was congratulating Alfredo on a cunning piece of SAK modification. Nice work matey.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE