Vertical one man tent.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Found a new type of one man tent on eBay, wondering if anyone has tried one of these before.

LINK

6 bids so far, so obviously a popular item.

:)

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I got one of those in the bottom of my rucksac, wondered what it was for !!!! now i know. LOL just think of the space i can save by not taking the tent next time i'm out, brilliant.:D

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
I got one of those in the bottom of my rucksac, wondered what it was for !!!! now i know. LOL just think of the space i can save by not taking the tent next time i'm out, brilliant.:D

But will you have room for the guitar and BBQ in the rucksack.:)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Mini review -
lots of condensation, poor nights sleep(legs got tired) and the fabric is noisy.
The lack of guying points is unforgivable as it will blow away if you leave it pitched and the wind gets up.
OK for festivals and other dire emergencies.;)

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
So if it fails to live up to the task as a tent, what other uses are there for one of these.:confused:

And lets all keep to the perfectly normal and sane ideas that this forum is famous for.:lmao:

( For a definition of any word in 'red', goto www.dictionary.com )

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
So if it fails to live up to the task as a tent, what other uses are there for one of these.:confused:

And lets all keep to the perfectly normal and sane ideas that this forum is famous for.:lmao:

Sledging - very slidey! In fact a much better sledge than a 'tent'!
Orange signal beacon - shine a torch inside
Chop a bit off the top and the plastic's also a good emergency firelighter. Obviously if your firelighting skills are c**p then being short helps if you still intend on sleeping in it :p

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk

Just for fun, I did look up these words

These are the definitions of 'Sane'
1. free from mental derangement; having a sound, healthy mind: a sane person.
2. having or showing reason, sound judgment, or good sense: sane advice.
3. sound; healthy.

Right, none of those sound like any of us
1, We must be deranged, we go a hang about in the woods rather then our nice safe and warm houses (which we are having to pay for)
2, Reason? Sound Judgement? Good Sense?, we make tea and cook over fires (or even home made liquid fuel stoves) which we've lit using F&S or bowdrill (rather then a lighter) and some of us even eat things you can't buy in Tescos !
3, Healthy?.....come on guys :D

..............Oh, hang on LazySod was being sarcastic.......now it makes sense :D

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Better come up with a few ideas myself i s'pose.......

• Cut open the end, climb the highest tree, tie to the tallest branch and now the rescue plane can land safely into the wind.
  • Avert your eyes and pass it to Captain Chunder.
  • Cut open the end, form a cylinder, prop up with sticks over the fire .... Gauranteed vertical smoke at Middlewood.
  • Fill with water, tie off the end, instant bushcraft waterbed.
  • As Middlewood lands on Halloween, cut two eye holes and come as a pumpkin.

....... Brainfade just kicked in, so over to you lot.

Apac

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2007
Hull, uk
Quote from that sale!

Q: hi there. is this a real one man tent. if so does it come with bag and are there any sort of guide ropes with it. thanks Roger.
A: Roger the dodger, its a survival bag no strings attached.

this guy must be abit simple to ask that?:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE