Ventile: Which Cut?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 23, 2007
Ireland
www.google.com
I have a possiblity of getting a ventile smock made for me, but I am not sure what kind of cut I would like.

I already have an eVent waterproof jacket so I was thinking of using the ventile smock as a softshell - windproof and water-resistant but supplemented by the eVent in really bad weather.

In this case would it be better to have it cut to waist length like a shirt or to hip length like a coat? The former would allow more freedom of movement and wouldn't hang down below the rain jacket which is a short cut. The latter would give more protection and would outlast the eVent anyway.

At the moment I'm preferring the former but I can't help thinking my fashion numskulls are having their say.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
I would go for fractionally shorter or the same length as your shell jacket.

Unless you could zip it into the shell i find a fleece just worn underneath my shell tends to ride up when doing activites or sometimes just walking.

It affords a small degree of extra thermal protection.

Off the top of my head apart from a swanni shirt i can't think of any bushcrafty style top that is a short cut.

Shepard

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2006
Norway
Good idea! The only downside of Event is its abrasion durability have I heard.

Are you going to wear the Ventile in town or in the bush/wilderness?

Make it long so you can use it as a walking jacket, arctic anojacket and wilderness jacket.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE