Ventile Fabric

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a commercial supplier if olive green or black ventile fabric. I am currently trying to chat the War Office (Mrs. Big Bad Stu) into making me a ventile smock.

What grade fabric would you recommend, I am thinking of adding reinforcement patches to high wear areas such as elbows/forearms and shoulders etc.

Many thanks

Stewey.:D

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Stu, here you go, its a starting point. I found that they have blue ventile at £22.64 ex VAT per metre, s'spensive.

http://www.pointnorth.co.uk/

then, on the 'Search Category' click on 'Fabrics'

then, in the search field type ventile,

this brings up a whole list of things,

click on, 'cotton and natural fabrics'.

You'll find it down't bottom of t'page.

Hope that was useful.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
Go to the source - talbot weaving - they have no minimum order last time I asked.

Also might be worth seeing if you can source it cheaper in Europe - its also made under the brand name Etaproof by Stotz, a Swiss company

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
If you look at Pennie Out Door they do a green cotton ventile type fabric made by another company at about a third of the price. Its is a bit stiffer than the 'normal' ventile but does the job. I hav bought some to get a copy of my combats made up in India.

Sandsnakes

Robbo

Nomad
Aug 22, 2005
Darkest Scotland,
Talbot weaving ( www.ventile.co.uk) do seconds quality too and usually the fault in the fabric is too small to notice.

I got 4m seconds quality OG ventile complete with instructions on the best methods of seam construction for around £45 ish (cant remember if that was before or after VAT though)

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE