Hilltrek Ventile Braemar Smock Review

• UPDATE - The main upgrade is now finished. The site should now be functioning as normal, I will be making tweaks over the weekend, particularly to look of the site. If you notice something is broken or have any comments please let me know. Many thanks Matt (Lithril)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Yeah Rob, a little money and fame soon turns a young head! (I just wish I had any one of them!) :)
I'd quite like to have a young head again, but the fact is I'd still do the same stupid things, even with the hindsight of experience....

I did some modelling once like young Cameron, but mine was for socks gloves & balaclava's....

Rob

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I'd quite like to have a young head again, but the fact is I'd still do the same stupid things, even with the hindsight of experience....

I did some modelling once like young Cameron, but mine was for socks gloves & balaclava's....

Rob

Hehe, yeah they have their advantages and disadvantages, but according to my mam and dad mostly advantages, I get reminded being old is harder on the old bones.

Mar 21, 2015
Northwest
Great review and a bombproof bit of kit, mine has served me well and wouldn't hesitate to buy another the only thing I've done to mine is add some zip pulls but that's a personal preference I just find it easier.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Thanks for the comment. That's a good idea, especially if your wearing a chunk pair of gloves the zip pulls would definitely make it easier.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hehe, yeah they have their advantages and disadvantages, but according to my mam and dad mostly advantages, I get reminded being old is harder on the old bones.
There is - somewhere on the net - a photo of a young (er) me modelling silk underwear halfway up a mountain...Black and White photo yet!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The problem is John, we can't un-see things....

Rob
It aint that bad....
images.jpg
reviewing silk thermals for one of the magazines...
I was young in those days and it was muscles that rippled then...
Mind you - the trousers were of my own design and build even then!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Wiltshire
I just bought one of these and had to send it back for a replacement with longer sleeves. That arrived today and seems great. Seriously consider the sleeve length option in advance as the lead time is around 6 weeks at the moment.