Venison joint.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Just a splash of worcestershire if it's fresh.
If it's been maturing for any time then just some herbs to compliment. Rosemary and thyme.

Save any juice and if your not making gravy then just stick it in a zip lock bag and freeze it for when you want to surprise everyone with venison stock soup.

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
http://www.greatbritishkitchen.co.u...com_rapidrecipe&page=viewrecipe&recipe_id=892

I've used this a few times, and had good results - I've played about with the recipe for the marinade and it's always been good. The only thing I found is that much less than the 24 hrs. is not ideal..................Bon appetite!

I went along that route this time and I must say it smells absolutely amazing! All I added to it was a dollop of tomato purée and a splash of Worcester sauce. Be ready in the next hour can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Just had a lump of fallow rump; marinaded for 6 hours in a mixture of a tin of Caffreys, 2 tbsp olive oil, small chopped onion, pinch salt, tsp mustard powder, black pepper, pinch thyme. Roast as normal in the marinade which then becomes the gravy = gorgeous!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE