Modification advice - Hungarian Lavvu

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toby1

Aug 29, 2022
Sussex
Hello fellow bushcrafters, I recently purchased a Hungarian Lavvu and I’m looking to do some mods has anyone done this before? If so has anyone got any tips and advice, maybe even some pics or plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Try northern outdoors uk.
Shaun does quality work on lavu mods. From basic to full , smoke flaps, skirts, groundsheets, zips etc.
Worth a look for ideas, even if you plan doing it yourself. You'll need a good heavy duty sewing machine mind!

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
The simplest mod would be to ditch the centre pole, and use a bipod to support the lavvu.
The bipod could be a pair of walking poles, or a couple of long sticks. Having a bipod free's up the centre of the lavvu to give more usable floor space.
Another simple mod, is to sew a tie off point to the apex of the lavvu, so that you can suspend it from a ridge line, an overhead branch or an external bipod.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE