Vegetarian black pudding

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Not salami, but we’ve got a vegan chorizo pizza for a party at the weekend, I’ll let you know how it is

Edit - I was actually able to get vegan alternatives for all of the party food (dippers, sausages, sausage rolls). Given it’s a party for 4 year olds I wanted them all to have (visibly) the same food.

Last edited:

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
It’s just weird to use that description to me. Is it that the veggie description sounds so unappealing? :D
It’s bright marketing, The idea being that everyone knows what a chicken pie looks like so it’s easier for someone to visualise what it is.

Soy protein pieces and veg pie probably wouldn’t win over a meat eater

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
They probably will.

The current trend seems to be to eat less meat, so I guess it’s like saying “you like chicken pies? You’ll like this”

Reactions: TeeDee

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Not salami, but we’ve got a vegan chorizo pizza for a party at the weekend, I’ll let you know how it is

Edit - I was actually able to get vegan alternatives for all of the party food (dippers, sausages, sausage rolls). Given it’s a party for 4 year olds I wanted them all to have (visibly) the same food.
Quorn make ‘Roarsomes’ and ‘Uniquorns’. In the freezer section. Just like dippers.

Reactions: Wildgoose

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Savoury? Do you mean salty? I talking about the hunt for vegetable based savoury for a pizza. Surely that's covered by olives?

Reactions: 1 pot hunter

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I tried Lidl's plant based chicken nuggets this evening. They don't taste as nice as the Quorn ones but I'm allergic to Quorn so they'll have to do. The trouble with Lidl's stuff is that it's not always stocked year round.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Going back to the original post, has anyone tried vegan / vegetarian salami?

I keep searching for something savoury but meat free to go on a pizza so any suggestions welcome.
Not vegan, but traditional way to add bags of flavour to pizza is anchovies. Depends if you eat fish or no flesh at all I guess.
One vegan flavour bomb is shiitake mushrooms poached in soy. They have a pretty meaty texture anyway & the soy adds umami.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE