Vegetarian black pudding

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We're apparently hard wired to like sweet stuff.

Honestly, I think in moderation all food is fine....it's the moderation (hah! no pun intended from me on that one) bit that matters.

Reactions: Pattree

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
We're apparently hard wired to like sweet stuff.

Honestly, I think in moderation all food is fine....it's the moderation (hah! no pun intended from me on that one) bit that matters.
Raw unheated honey is great for teeth most other forms off sugar are a travesty though ,honeydew and berries also good.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Raw unheated honey is great for teeth most other forms off sugar are a travesty though ,honeydew and berries also good.

If I take apple juice (and I do) and I simmer (mind the cooking ape again) it down, it makes a treacle like paste.
Grape juice does the same. So do pears, plums, cherries....

It's time and energy though, and much easier just to let the fruit ferment and become alcohol....which funnily enough sterlises drinking water :)

Variety in all things.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
If you want the best in real black pudding………..
While you have your supporters, I’m afraid I have to disagree.
First and foremost your illustration shows the lumps of fat far too small. Frying those white cubes to a golden brown is part of the magic.
Also a traditional black pudding (as stated earlier) comes in a natural casing and sold thus:

IMG_5585.jpeg

And resembles this:

IMG_5586.jpeg
Which gives it the less polite name of my childhood.

Bury pudding and faggots - meals of my youth and still much enjoyed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tengu

slaine_23

Jun 25, 2021
Ireland
Ive seen that quite a bit in ireland. Massive into black and white pudding here and theres a vegi option. I had some once. It was okish but very dry I thought. The real deal is way nicer. The brand is famous here and is called connakilty from a town of the same name. Its in county cork x
There’s a thing called vegetable roll you’ll find in the north, tastes great.
But it is def not vegetarian.

rich d2

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2019
Nottingham
I’d cut down on meat and now don’t eat any, but don’t care what other people do. I decided to because I couldn’t kill a pig to eat it despite how much I like bacon and sausages. I tend to only miss meat when I use meat replacement products (as they don’t tend to taste the same or for me have the same texture). I also miss a dirty kebab when I’m drunk. But eat these every few weeks instead - tastes like a better versions of kebab meat to me (I suppose lots of people would argue that kebab isn’t really meat either) https://groceries.asda.com/product/...VWuftCh1AkwiyEAQYAiABEgKDKvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Reactions: nigelp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE