Vegetarian black pudding

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
As an almost all my adult life vegetarian, I have to say that I don't like the fake stuff much.

I get the whole 'burger' or 'sausage' thing because they're easy ways to make a patty of some kind, but to deliberately try to make vegetables taste of meat just does not compute.

Be honest about your food.
Iv yet to try a nut burger I'm open minded

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sometimes I think it does us good to go back to the basics, truthfully I think it ought to be a part of the school curriculum, how our food is grown and processed.

I opened a box of eggs tonight, and (for the USA foreigners reading this, here eggs are not washed; they come with their natural coating and don't need refrigerating) when I lifted the eggs our to put them in the rack there was a pretty wee red feather stuck in the box....and it made those eggs 'real' somehow. That somewhere a wee red hen had actually grown and laid this egg.

I felt kind of sorry for that wee hen, because free range or not, it's a short life of constant egg burden.
I don't think we appreciated chickens and eggs enough.

M

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
Sometimes I think it does us good to go back to the basics, truthfully I think it ought to be a part of the school curriculum, how our food is grown and processed.

I opened a box of eggs tonight, and (for the USA foreigners reading this, here eggs are not washed; they come with their natural coating and don't need refrigerating) when I lifted the eggs our to put them in the rack there was a pretty wee red feather stuck in the box....and it made those eggs 'real' somehow. That somewhere a wee red hen had actually grown and laid this egg.

I felt kind of sorry for that wee hen, because free range or not, it's a short life of constant egg burden.
I don't think we appreciated chickens and eggs enough.

M
Eggs are whole animal superfoods nose to tail eating in miniature.

Reactions: Toddy

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
They are indeed, and as far as I know there are no poisonous eggs.

Well, every egg has the potential to be 'toxic' if you don't treat it properly. Ms Curry lost her job over telling us all about it :)

Thankfully, it is now considered that the cholesterol level is not unhealthy for most people though - I usually have two a day!

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
Well, every egg has the potential to be 'toxic' if you don't treat it properly. Ms Curry lost her job over telling us all about it :)

Thankfully, it is now considered that the cholesterol level is not unhealthy for most people though - I usually have two a day!
refined Sugar is 10x worse than cholesterol yet people think pro active highly refined vegetable oil butter is healthier than butter from grass fed cows due to the demon word CHOLESTEROL

Reactions: Toddy

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
We all need to cut out refined sugar.

Im eating more eggs now. (Mostly in my muffin recipe)

Is there any evidence all these overproccessed foods are in anyway good for you?

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan

Is there any evidence all these overproccessed foods are in anyway good for you?
Zero evidence id go easy on the muffins

I don't think our ancestors were spearing muffins cream buns and mars bars ,wev fallen far off the cliff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE